PDA

View Full Version : QQ UTG 3 bet by BB

Allan
02-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Party

I raise QQ utg after not playing many hands. it gets folded to BB who 3 bets I call.

Flop is K 5 4 r

raise call fold?

Allan

scotnt73
02-16-2004, 06:14 PM
what info do you have on the BB? i prob would have capped preflop and if he bets me on the flop i raise and take it from there depending on how he reacts. it will be hard not to lose money with QQ heads up. But my read on the BB is all important in this situation.

Brian
02-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Hi Allan,

If I call the Flop, I am calling the Turn and River no matter what comes. If I raise the Flop, I am getting out of there if he shows any more aggression. I'm not sure if I'd fold against an unknown, though. I am curious what others think.

-Brian

Allan
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I didn't have any real solid info for BB since I was reading the forum /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I didn't cap since raising an utg player in what is going to be a HU pot from the BB is a strong move and he could just as well get me for bets on a big street if he has a big hand and lets me get in control of the action. I have position and I thought I'd let him be in the drivers seat and I could act accordingly. My intention was to simply call down to the river, when this flop came I wondered if it was even worth it. I did anyway.

Allan

TBone
02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
HEPFAP, page 133 says you're likely up against a big pair or AK. If an ace or king appears on the flop, you generally should check and fold.

I think that's dependant on the player who 3 bet you though.

T

1p0kerb0y
02-16-2004, 09:25 PM
I like raising here. If you get re-rearised, I would call and fold on the turn.

1p0kerb0y
02-16-2004, 09:28 PM
and what was the verdict?

Allan
02-16-2004, 09:43 PM
I called down and got shown AKo.

I don't mind the call down though. If my opponent is paying any attention and I lay this down on the flop I might be openning myself up to getting rundown a lot. Especially if he's got something worse than a pair of Kings. Did feel kinda dumb though.

Allan

devinthedude
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
I would raise the flop. If reraised I would probably fold with no read on the player.

If you raise and he calls, you might get a check to u on the turn and save a SB.

If he calls the raise and bets into you again, I'm out of there.

If you have him beat, when u check the turn thru he may bet a worse pair into you on the river.

Slow him down. If he doesn't slow down, fold, unless you have a good read on him.

Homer
02-16-2004, 10:07 PM
This is a situation in which you are either way ahead or way behind. The question is what range of hands will your opponent three-bet you with here. If he'll only do it with QQ-AA/AK, then you fold immediately. If it's something like 99-AA/AK you call it down. Somewhere in between you're in a gray area where I'm not sure if you have the effective odds to call it down (I'd have to do some thinking away from the poker table to find a true cutoff point). What I would never do is raise. It will only serve to get a smaller pocket pair to stop betting, which is bad, since it has only two outs against you, or will cause you to put more money into the pot to see a showdown.

-- Homer

GuyOnTilt
02-17-2004, 03:19 AM
I like raising here. If you get re-rearised, I would call and fold on the turn.

Why would you call the flop with insufficient odds to draw if you plan on folding the turn? You just lost about half of a small bet on that play.

GoT