PDA

View Full Version : I do something dirty

ordnaryjam
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
im in the BB,

three early-mid pos limpers, Lp raises (raises with good cards, or when he just lost a pot, or when hes bored- give you a wide enough range of hands?)
i look down at J6o and, gulp, call (i know i will get ripped from some for this call, and your probably right.
flop
6 4 4r.
I check, checked to the Lp raiser who bets, i C-R, ep's fold, Lp calls.
Im putting him on over cards.
turn 8.
I bet Lp wants to do something, its either muck or raise and i cant tell which, he calls.
Now im worried about an over pair.
river J.
I bet, he calls. Now im sure of the overpair.
one chance to win this- i say loudly,
Jacks and sixes for two pair.
he mucks. another player asks him "no pair?"
Lp replies "queens, reaching into the much flipping them over" (dealer was pushing me the pot at that point)
Other player says "then you would have won with Qs and 4s.
Lp get look of severe frustration on his face.
I bite my tongue and play on.

Lost Wages
02-16-2004, 07:10 PM
The preflop call is of course, horrible.

You did nothing wrong by calling out your hand accurately. Miscalling your hand would be another matter.

Lost Wages

BigBaitsim (milo)
02-16-2004, 09:54 PM
The cards call themselves if shown. You did nothing wrong by calling out exactly what you had. Had he turned up his QQ, and said "just a pair, damnit, I lose," the dealer would have been responsible for recognizing his error and pushing the pot his way. By mucking, he gave up his cards. Yesterday, I folded the nuts when I clicked the wrong button changing tables. It cost me $50 (and I said a great many bad words). My loss, I'll avoid that mistake in the future.