PDA

View Full Version : Questionable call pre-flop, all in on the flop!

Pitcher
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi All,

Take a good look at the following hand. Criticism invited.

Party Poker No-Limit Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed)

BB (t2400)
Button (t4720)
Hero (t2880)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t600, Hero raises to t1200, BB calls t1200, Button raises to t2500, Hero calls t2500, BB calls t2400 (All-In).

Flop: (t7400) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero bets t380 (All-In), Button calls t380.

Turn: (t8160) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t8160) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8160

As you can see, I raised the pot in the SB to T1200 and called the re-raise to T2500. Here was my thinking. 1st. I think I am behind the re-raiser who was playing weak tight to that point. The button is a maniac who will likely call my initial raise with any two cards. This player had just doubled against me the previous hand when he called all in with J4s against my QQ. So, I figure I will see the flop. If it is favorable, I will move all in, if not fold to any bet. Since the BB will play anything I figure there is an excellent chance I am ahead and if we both bust, I end up 2nd. As you can see, on the flop I caught a 4 flush / inside st8 draw giving me potentially 13 outs. I also think that I may have 2 other outs with a Q. I figure I have to move all in at this point.

Pitcher
BTW this hand was formatted using bisonbison's Hand Converter. Very cool. You can using it by going to http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi