PDA

View Full Version : Fear the maniac........me

Phishy McFish
02-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Ever buy into a SNG and then all of a sudden have something come up that you know will cause you to leave prior to the SNG finishing if it plays out as per usual?

Ever have it work in your favor?

I did on Paradise of Saturday.....$30 SNG and about 15 minutes in the family comes home earlier than expected and we had agreed to plans upon their arrival.....gotta do what's right.....so anything in the top 6 groups of hands or higher is a Pre flop all in or Post flop/Pre Turn all-in if I catch a piece of it.

I figure I'll either donate $33 right away (the price of keeping a happy home), I'll get us to higher blinds quicker if people fold to me OR I'll start taking people out left and right.

As it turns out a little of all of the above happens......but luckily when I donate it's to people I have covered and when I win I double or tripled up. Plus as we got further and further along a funny thing started to happen when I started to min-raise preflop (to see if I could catch a piece of the flop before going all in). People would fold quickly......obviously knowing that I was very inclined to play everything in an all-in fashion.......so unless they were willing to play the amount of my stack they were better served to fold then instead of after I went all in as I was destined to do.

I had a bunch of them laughing and pulling their hair out at the same time......they guessed I might have somewhere to go.....but no one wanted to be the guy who called to keep me honest - only to come up against the high pair & 4 flush draw I showed against 2 players who were sent to the rail when they attempted to play sherrif.

I ended up finishing the SNG in under 45 minutes....I'd say they average around 1.25 hrs.......and I took 2nd. Worked out well......however I may have also possibly gained MANY calls in the future from anybody that plays me in the future from that table.........so we'll see how it hurts me in the long run.