PDA

View Full Version : Talking my way into the money - Party NL $30+3

prairieboy
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Here is a rare example of table-chat being used to alter the results of a tournament. Oddly, I'm the prime beneficiary, but am not doing most of the chatting.

Me vs Maniac
I'm all-in in the BB with QQ, he calls with A-9 and catches two nines to beat me leaving me with $77.

Maniac- wow, sorry
Me - No problem

I post the $50 SB and go all in with 8-10o
Ed - Bets
Maniac - Raises
Ed - Folds

I win the pot and triple up.

Maniac - there you go
Me - ty
Ed - I would have had him
Maniac - why didn't you call then
Ed - because some ahole bluffed
Maniac - now he's back in it dammmmmmm Ed
Ed - you were the ahole
Maniac - I'm an ahole?
Ed - YES
Maniac - LMAOOOOOOOO
Maniac - YOU'RE A -expletive deleted-
Maniac - BOO HOO
MANIAC - Maybe he's my friend and I didn't want him out
Ed - Cheating -expletive deleted-

Me - What kind of friend beats QQ with A9?
Maniac - I didn't say good friends, just friends
Me - With friends like you, who needs Ed?

At this point Ed goes all in preflop ($1,800) with Q8o and loses. I have no doubt that he was tited by the maniac. Four of us remain, I'm still the short stack with $260, blinds are now $150/75.

A couple of hands pass before I go all-in with 88. Two of us make a straight and I'm up to $375 (nobody else is below $1500)

Me - ah ah ah ah stayin' alive!
Maniac - Yep

Two hands later I'm down to $150 (blinds) and am all-in with K-10. I split the pot and stay alive again, but I still don't have enough to cover the blinds next round.

Me - I'm like a cockroach tonight
Me - you can't get rid of me
Maniac - gooooo prairieboy

Next hand, the #3 player, who has played very conservatively all night goes all-in ($1,400) preflop with K3o and is knocked out of the tournament. Again, I'm confident that he was tilted by the chat.

The point: Although it is usually just a distraction, the chat box can be a small, but potent, weapon to add to your poker arsenal.

HajiShirazu
02-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Good to see someone finally getting rewarded for taking a bad beat with class. Usually it doesn't work out that way.