PDA

View Full Version : Playing AA in MP

01-08-2002, 03:36 PM
A few months ago i was playing 6/12 i only bought in for $100 cuz it helps me play more a little more conservative. Well anyways in mid position and i have pocket Aces it comes to me w. 2 limpers i raise one reg. reraises me n it gets capped w. 5 callers. As pissed off as i am the flop comes rags so i figure im going to commit fully to this hand i bet i get raised by my left n i 3 bet he capped it. At this time i put him on AA or possibly KK. So the turn comes rag i checked to him he bet i raised he called. then the river comes a Q (i got that horrible feeling i was going to lose) i only had 9 left n moved all in. He had pocket Queens, and made his set on the river. Did i play this hand wrong?

01-08-2002, 07:50 PM
You played fantastic.

Don't try to play more conservative. That'll cost you.

01-09-2002, 03:17 AM
i agree with dynasty that if you play shortstacked it will affect you play. why else are you shortstacking. your initial buy in should at least cover 12 big bets. enough for the max on 1 hand. what if ya win. yer leavin money on the table. overconservative players tend to just lose chips more slowly. by being blinded and flopped to death. maybe your playing over what your bankroll allows for. play a limit where your comfortable playin normal while also being able to adjust to the table. whether loose, tight, passive or aggressive. otherwise you will miss otherwise very profitable situations because your buy in will tend to dictate the hands you play...

nice play though...nothin else ya really could do.

b