Spyder
02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Table is very loose, but not aggressive, Limit Hold'em

I had AKs as EP2

EP1 (strong player) limped
I raised
3 calls & blinds call, EP1 called.

Flop: 222

At this point, I was pretty sure that EP1 did not have the 4th deuce because he's a strong player.

EP1 Checks (reinforcing my above statement)

Confident now that noone has the 4th deuce, and thinking that I have the best kickers for the trips, as well as a long-shot flush draw (one of the deuces match my AKs), I bet.

3 more calls
EP1 calls
Turn: K (suit matches one of the deuces on the board)

EP1 bets
Pretty confident that I have, at the worst, a split pot with EP1, I raise.
All call.

River: 6 (different suit than the king...no flushes)

EP1 bets.
I raise
3 calls
EP1 re-raises
I re-raise
3 calls
EP1 calls.

EP1 turns over 66 and I lose to 6's full of 2's.

Please comment /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyder

prairieboy
02-16-2004, 03:15 PM
First, who are the players who kept cold-calling your raises and would they like to come to my home game?

RIVER: If I was confident that I had the best hand, I would probably have just called EP1's bet on the river - hoping to induce some of the other players to call too. But since they all cold-called your raise anyway, what the heck.

Once EP1 re-raises me, I would just call. 3 reasons here:
1. I don't want to drive out the other players
2. The re-raise on the river tells me that this strong player thinks he has the best hand and that he isn't afraid of a king. It's awfully hard to put him on AA, KK, 66 or 2X, but he's got something.
3. Three players keep cold-calling my raises, could one of them have the missing deuce?

Spyder
02-16-2004, 03:25 PM
They were all calling stations, but, all of them were paying attention and would have immediately raised me on the flop had they had the 4th deuce. Since they were just calling, I wasn't worried about them.

My betting was an attempt to get as much money in the pot that I KNEW I was going to win, or at worse split. I never considered that I could be knocking some out of the pot, which I probably did.

thanks for your input /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spyder

spamuell
02-16-2004, 07:24 PM
On the flop, you don't seem to consider that someone has got a pocket pair, meaning you would not be ahead. Also, you seem only to be thinking about what EP1 has, no one else, and although given that they're all ridiculously passive just calling (I assume from your other thread that this is a play money game) they could have absolutely anything, so although it isn't unreasonable to try to put them on hands, don't just pretend that this is heads-up because if you're not already beat, combined they probably have at least 15 outs to beat you on the flop.

Ace upmy Slv
02-16-2004, 07:42 PM
You can't really comment about anything here. Play money might as well be the lottery. In a real money game you probably would have taken this down on the turn with your raise. A good book or good simulated poker software would be better to learn with than play money.