PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Too much river action?

01-08-2002, 07:55 AM
3 limpers to me, I limp on the button with Ks9s. SB and BB come along. 6 see the flop for one bet each.

Flop: Qs Js 7c. Checked to me, I bet, BB and MP call.

Turn: [Qs Js 7c] 7h. Checked to me, I take the free card.

River: [Qs Js 7c 7h] As. Checked to MP who bets, I raise, BB calls 2 cold and MP also calls.

Somehow my flush is good. BB mucks without showing and MP flashes A10o. Whew.

01-08-2002, 08:09 AM
What kind of bum is up at this hour? /images/tongue.gif

Flop: Easy bet and easy raise if somebody else bets.

Turn: I would bet everytime with a straight flush draw. If somebody's got a 7 and check-raises you it's no big deal.

River: I would expect your flush to be good everytime. Did you expect somebody to turn over Q7o?

01-08-2002, 09:18 AM
"what kind of bum is up at this hour" Well Dynasty it seems we both have been up a lot at this hour lately :-) Actually I'm pulling an all nighter this time to get off this schedule- I gotta go register for my damn college classes in a few hours :-(

Anyway I totally agree about the turn. If there is any chance that these guys will fold then the bet becomes mandatory. On the other hand if there is zero chance of them folding then taking the free card might be better. In real life though there usually is a chance of them folding so betting seems best to me still.

Kris

01-08-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi Goat,

does that really work? If you have a messed up sleep schedule, to pull an all-nighter to fix it? Any tips on how to implement this "fix" properly? /images/smile.gif

- Tony

01-08-2002, 10:21 AM
If you have a messed up sleep schedule, to pull an all-nighter to fix it? Any tips on how to implement this "fix" properly?

Play a 36 hr session then go home and sleep.. I think thats the best way =)

01-09-2002, 02:49 AM
Heheh it didn't work this time! I fell asleep and missed my band practice. Now my schedules even worse....DAMN!

Usually it works for me though, sometimes I just say screw it and go to sleep unfortunately.

Kris

01-09-2002, 02:56 AM
I assume you're kidding right?

Anytime I play poker for more then 10 hrs I feel like i never want to see cards again- i don't care how good or bad the session is :-)

Kris

01-09-2002, 03:06 AM
I agree. I was doing a couple of marathon sessions last time I was in Vegas and couldn't stand it anymore. So I went downtown to play blackjack, but everytime I got two poker-playable cards, I'd think of hold'em... /images/wink.gif

01-09-2002, 04:19 AM
I get that feeling too, and I always feel dumb for thinking that way. When I play Omaha, and I see my first two cars are AA, I say "geez, figures I'm not sitting in a hold'em game right now". Of course in reality in Omaha AA is only half way to a playable hand :-)

Kris

01-09-2002, 10:36 AM
heh, when i play omaha im thinking 15-2, 15-4, run-7, etc. (cribbage)

when i play euchre i always think poker though.