PDA

View Full Version : Question on this hand

Billman
02-16-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm playing at a table that's pretty loose/passive but there's one guy who's on tilt at the table. I'm in the SB with KsJs. Everybody folds except 3 people who call and I raise and drive out one of the callers. So three of us see the flop.

[ Kc Ac Jc ]

I'm a little worried about the all clubs flop so but I lead out with a bet to test the waters and get raised by the guy who I think is on tilt. Other guy folds and now we're heads up.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I was right in letting him control the betting from this point out. I just checked to him and called on the turn and river which ended up being [Qs ] [ 5s ].

I've got two pair but there's a possible flush, a possible straight and I've seen this guy do everything from just call AK preflop to raise and re-raise with a pair of 3's so I have no idea what kind of hand to put him on. I guess that's one of the benefits of being on tilt, nobody can guess what you have. :-)

BTW, he flipped [ Kd 8h ] and within a 1/2 was out of money and gone from the table. I'll miss him.

ThinkQuick
02-16-2004, 04:03 AM
What I'm trying to figure out is if I was right in letting him control the betting from this point out

Well if you're not willing to call 2BB but not more, isn't check-calling turn and river the way you can ensure that you do that?