PDA

View Full Version : 4 Players Left - Push in against the other big stack?

Utah
02-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Stars 30+3 NL

Here is a hand that I think I misplayed, but I am not sure.

4 players left
SB(me) 3500
BB 8000
UTG 800
Button 800

75/150 level
I peek at my cards and see a beautiful:
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG and Button Fold
I make it 450 to go
BB calls

Flop comes: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif,9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I love the flop

I show my chips in as I am very likely ahead and I wouldn't mind just picking up the pot. If I am very lucky, he will hold 10,A and call.

Sure enough, he has a 10 and calls with 10,K
Unfortunately, he spikes a freakin K on the river and I am sent packing.

Was the allin a mistake? Even though I was a big favorite I am risking almost guaranteed third place money given the two very short stacks and I am a favorite for second place money and I am very strong heads up so that I even have a shot with a short stack if I get heads up.

William Wilson
02-16-2004, 12:13 AM
Would you do it again in the same situation? I would. I understand the bubble concept, but this is fairly clear cut.

BolliTrader
02-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Depends on how the big stack has been playing, but in that situation I'd be all in pre-flop. Chances are he drops his K T at that point. With the two small stacks having already folded I don't want to let the big stack see the flop when i'm on a premium hand. I guess the question is would you fold if he reraised you all in? I wouldn't have. Of course if post flop there was an A or K on board I would be able to walk away and that's the advantage your play has on mine.

Just my 2 cents.
Derek

Bluff1
02-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi Utah,

I think your play of the hand is fine. You were a pretty strong favorite and if you had doubled up you would have a great shot a taking down first place. The raise preflop was good and the move on the flop was good he just sucked out on you.

CrisBrown
02-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi Utah,

Relax. You played it correctly, and he caught a 5-outer. Don't let results skew your play. When you have QQ and the flop has no A or K or draw, you have to play QQ as if it were AA (so says Doyle Brunson in SuperSystem) ... so your push in here was fine.

Cris