PDA

View Full Version : BB free play

BigBaitsim (milo)
02-15-2004, 08:55 PM
First hand, 2/4 party. No reads.

Dealt 47o in BB. 5 callers to me. I check.

Flop is 47Jr.

I bet, 2 callers, Nemesis raises, 1 folds, I three-bet, all call.

Turn is A, no flush draw. Should I bet this?

I check /images/graemlins/confused.gif. EP & MP check. Nemesis checks it through (I had him on AJ, guess not).

River is T. I check again /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Checked to Nemesis, who bets. I call, EP folds, MP calls.

Results in white...

<font color="white"> MP mucks K7o for low pair. Nemesis has TJo. Would he have folded to a bet when the A fell? Was I a wuss for not betting the turn? Should I quit poker and take up knitting? </font>

spamuell
02-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Why would you not bet the turn?

If you had just called the flop, I could understand going for the turn check-raise, but I don't know how likely they are to bet after you put in the last bet on the flop.

You are going for the check-raise when you check, right? You're not worried that someone has paired their kicker?

asdf1234
02-15-2004, 09:48 PM
If you're going to 3 bet the flop, you've probably got to lead the turn. If you only called the flop, then maybe you can get away with going for the checkraise. The ace is a somewhat scary card, which might induce some people to check behind, so I'd just lead at it. Bet the river.

dirty_dan
02-15-2004, 10:07 PM
He raised the flop and you automatically put him on AJ? He could be raising many hands here. Definitely bet the turn after 3betting the flop. Chances are very very good you're still ahead and after being the flop aggressor going for a checkraise is very risky.

BigBaitsim (milo)
02-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Even more pathetic than you think. I wasn't even going for the check-raise on the turn. Knitting, yes, I'm definitely taking up knitting.

Bob T.
02-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Should I bet this?

Yes.

Bob T.
02-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Be careful, those needles are pointy on the end /images/graemlins/grin.gif.