PDA

View Full Version : Commerce Games

01-31-2002, 04:34 PM
Below, in my post under Mason's Tournament Over Tilt post, I indicated how many hold 'em games were going in the top section when I left Commerce last night. I note that Bob Golick has posted on RGP that there were 6 (!) 80-160 games last night and 2 150-300 games. Wow!

02-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Yep, February is the best month of the year at the Commerce. Some of the action spills over to the other LA card rooms also. Just to clarify, I'm sure some of the 80 games were Omaha or mix games, and the 150 games are usually Stud or mix (unless a certain player agrees to play only if they play HE).

I'll be back on Saturday.

02-01-2002, 04:00 AM
Hey Brett,

Where do you fly into LA from on the weekends? do you go just to play poker?

02-01-2002, 12:59 PM
I'm working a trade show Saturday morning, I might have a chance to stop in for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I'll say hello if I do.

02-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Who flies? I hitchike in from Barstow. I also have a part time job at the Commerce. I sure wish you guys would start leaving some dollar bills in that cup in the restroom.

02-01-2002, 09:27 PM
That cup if for tips? Hell, I've pissed in it twice. Sorry about that. . .

BTW, fist time in to the new bathroom, I stood with my hands under the faucet for half a minute, no water, then moved to another faucet, and stood there like an idiot for another 20 seconds, no water there either.

Another guy finishes his business at the urinal and walks over to the sink I first abandoned. He puts his hands under the faucet and, presto, instant water. I sheepishly ask him how he did it, and he tells me I'm holding my hands too close to the faucet, I have to hold them lower.

Live and learn.