PDA

View Full Version : rivered....

01-06-2002, 02:04 PM
3-6 loose passive, not alot of raising going on preflop or any other time actually.

i was on the button with pocket 2's and limped in after 3 others, the blinds also stayed. 6 saw the flop which was:

9c 3c 2d

blinds check, UTG bets, EP raises, folded to me and i reraise, blinds fold, UTG and EP both call. 3 see turn.

[9c 3c 2d]6s

its checked to me and i bet, both players call.

the river is the Jh. i bet, one player calls and the other folds, probably missed the flush draw. i turn over my pocket 2's and the other player pauses for a moment then turns over the black Jacks. i'm lucky as hell he didn't raise me but what i really want to know is how you guys would have played the hand. is there any way i couldv'e gotten him to lay it down before the river short of showing him my set?? thanks.

preston

01-06-2002, 02:37 PM
It is unclear from your post if the flop bettor or raiser had the jacks.

When reading the post i thought this was a perfect time to wait for the turn to raise. With a bettor and raiser in front of you, especially in EP, you are almost certainly going to get bet into on the turn. Wait til then and crank it up.

Getting JJ to fold is unlikely given the board, but that's not really the point is it? You actually WANT JJ to call 2BB on the turn with his 2 outer! If he shows you his cards and asks you what to do, you would BEG him to call you rather than fold.

Tough luck on the river. Don't worry about it. Note that this clown didn't even raise you and use that info when he does.

01-06-2002, 05:49 PM
i think ya played it well. ya made the flushdraws pay alot to see it. i think its a mistake to wait for the turn to bet this hand. this is one time to play the set fast. even top set. your hand is vulnerable. if the board was rainbow then you can wait for the turn. you also dont have position to bump him off his hand with a checkraise. which is about the only way to really have a shot at getting the overpair out with this board. it happens, 2 outers come in, but ya made him pay the price to see it.

nice play though...

b

01-07-2002, 06:59 PM
I agree with Bernie. I would have bet the flop also. I just do not think that 3 ducks is a good enough hand to slowplay. I think you played it right.