PDA

View Full Version : "If I win this hand I will post it" $6-$12@Borgata with Fred G Sanford

Mike Gallo
02-15-2004, 03:06 PM
I had the following hand at a very good $6-$12 game at the Borgata yesterday afternoon. Poster/lurker Fred G Sanford sat to my right in the 1 seat. We played this hand six handed. I told Fred if I won the hand I would post it. I do not want to give my hand or by opponents hand away yet. I would like to see how many posters can guess my hand, and guess my opponents hand by the action.

A live player who played any two cards open limped from early position. A little background on this player. He played horribly. His raises meant nothing. He chased cards and played by the seat of his pants. He bought in for about $300 and worked his stack up to about $500. Fred wondered out loud how could the live player still have any money left playing the way he did. We later discussed that we wanted to get involved in as many hands with this player as we could. This player always paid off on the river. We watched him pay off a player who had top pair on board with a King high. If we could beat a bluff we would call. We would pay off occasionally however most of the time he would take a stab at it. The river had also shown kindness to this player. He rivered quite a few players.

Fast forward to this hand. The live player open limped from early position. At this point the live player had about $130 in front of him. Everyone folded to me and I looked at Fred and told him if I won the hand I would post it. I completed, the big blind checked and we saw the flop three handed.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif .

I checked the big blind checked and the live player checked behind.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I checked the big blind checked the live player bet I raised the big blind folded the live player called.

River 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I looked at Fred and told him that I would indeed post the hand. I bet the live player raised I reraised and we went back and forth until he went all in.

What did I have and what did my opponent have? One hint; I heard someone comment after the hand I thought he (meaning me) played only good cards.

chim17
02-15-2004, 03:23 PM
43o? /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'd say 32o but I would bet out with 32 with the flush on board.

Hard to guess the other guy. I figure Ax where A is spade, but difficult to judge players like that.

bunky9590
02-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Alright, I'll take a stab at it.

Mikey completed in the SB with 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bad Player had the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he thought the flush was good??????

dirty_dan
02-15-2004, 03:25 PM
You had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and missed your flop checkraise vs the live player's A/images/graemlins/spade.gifx

bunky9590
02-15-2004, 03:25 PM
He could have very well had 23.

And whiffed on the flop checkraise.
I still think it was 34, probably suited now that I think about it.

I can't see Mikey even paying an extra $3.00 without it being suited.

Alobar
02-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Well the obvious answer is you had the boat and he had the A of spades. I'll say you had Q3 just to be diff from everyone else.

Then to be totally diff I'll say that you had the A of spades, and the guy in the hand had 56 for the straight.

Mike Gallo
02-15-2004, 03:52 PM
So far we have one correct answer. For a hint at the answer, this player would know my tendencies because the player has played with me before.

DeuceKicker
02-15-2004, 04:06 PM
I think you had 43o. The other player had the nut flush.

You said if you won you'd post because 43 is a pretty crappy hand and it would be funny if you won with it.

My second guess (we're allowed two guesses, right?) would be that you had 32. You flopped two pair and missed on a check-raise attempt;, you had to hide a smirk when the full boat landed on the turn; you almost peed your pants when the fourth spade hit the river.

Mike Gallo
02-15-2004, 04:20 PM
You have potential.

You came very close. If you combined hand one, with the thought process of hand two, you might have it. Only one slight problem.

Joe Tall
02-15-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks 23s totally sucks. Granted you won't usually win with "3s Up" (click here) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=478926& Forum=smallholdem&Words=Yes%2C%20I%20said&Match=En tire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Ma in=478926&Search=true#Post478926) but when 3-handed and your sure the Big Blind will not raise. This is an easy completion for 1/2 bet.

Nice hand, MG,
JT

Mike Gallo
02-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I had the monstrous 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and my opponent held K /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Bunky got it correct on his second post and a few of you came close with 34 off.

Mike Gallo
02-15-2004, 07:42 PM
I still think it was 34, probably suited now that I think about it.

Ding, ding, ding, give that man a cigar.