PDA

View Full Version : river problem

01-06-2002, 01:26 AM
Hello everyone,

here is my first posted hand for the new year. The game is 3-6, loose and passive.

I'm in the small blind with K5d

UTG, 2 MP players and button limp,

flop comes KsJd7d

checked around to button who bets, I check raise and BB blind calls 2 cold, everyone else folds.

turn is 3d

I bet BB folds button calls,

river is Kh.

do I bet out or check?

also is the checkraise on the flop good or would it have been better to play it differently?

Thanks in advance for the comments.

01-06-2002, 05:59 AM
Bet and just call a raise in case your opponent has something like KJ (or K7s or K3s?). I doubt he flopped a set of 7s since he didn't 3-bet the flop. Although, it's possible he was planning to raise the turn but got scared off by the flush card.

The check-raise on the flop looks good to me.

01-06-2002, 07:07 AM
Hi Allan,

Your play looks fine so far. I'm with Dynasty on this one ... bet the river, and just pay off a raise. You'd figure two pair or a set would have shown a little more aggression earlier ... and if not, oh well ...

Dave

01-06-2002, 02:32 PM
I don't checkraise here. I think you are likely in the lead. With no flush draw I would checkraise every time, but here I don't like it.

Unlike my hand with the T5 top pair flush draw, your top pair of kings is far less likely to fall to an overcard, and you also don't have a preflop raiser who could have an overpair.

I would call the flop and plan on checkraising the turn if any card but a non flush ace hit. Bet the river even if unimproved. If improved, then great, all the better. You might even get raised by a worse hand on the river since your play does NOT scream flush draw.