PDA

View Full Version : 500th post -- A Thank You of sorts

Schneids
02-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Well, here I am. Halfway to the 4-digit mark, and I don't even know where to begin.

I remember the day when I finally decided to type in that "twoplustwo.com" on the back of HEPFAP. I never expected to find this gold mine -- chalk one up to naivety, I guess.

So I lurked for quite some time, and at last, finally gathered up the nerve to register. And in typical adolescent “I can’t be wrong” fashion, within a couple of weeks I had managed to successfully bump heads with Major Kong, Clarkmeister, and Eugeneel regarding cold calling a raise with low-mid PPs and raising the flop bet. Yow, nice way to get earmarked a fool right off the bat; though I’m now very glad I got smacked around a bit and put in my place. Thanks guys!

I initially came into twoplustwo thinking I was already a really good player, but it’s funny… I’ve looked back on hand histories from even as recent as three months ago, and almost immediately I find many hands where I’m like, “wow, I played that like garbage,” or “hmmm I am pretty sure I could have played it a little bit differently.” And I’m confident that many months from now, when I look back on hands that I play today, I’ll be able to still find more like that. Hopefully fewer in number, but definitely some nonetheless. But that’s the beauty of this site. It’s just one big constant progression towards being a better player today than you were yesterday. Without you guys and gals who have been there to tell me when I’m wrong or “less right,” I’d be winning significantly less than I do now. I hope that, with due time, you all will consider me one of the highly respected posters that you have to see what their thoughts and suggestions are.

So, without further adieu, the ultimate point of my 500th post… To express my extreme gratitude to all the posters here who help make this site a great place to discuss poker and who have helped my game evolve so much already.

Thanks all /images/graemlins/smile.gif! Cheers to another 500.

Easy E
02-15-2004, 12:04 PM