PDA

View Full Version : Single Table Sit And Go - Two Pair. How to proceed?

SaintAces
02-15-2004, 01:51 AM
86s on Button. Two limp to me and I wanna see a flop.
Suits unimportant

6 lefts all at 800 chips.

Flop is 678. Table is very loose. A bet of 100 on the flop and a raise of 100 more. 200 for me to call. What do I do.

I did the wimpy move and just called.
river is offsuit 2 to make the rainbow and I am happy. When the River 7 comes I am pissed. Check. bet of 100. To me.
(I am thinking underbet?)

what do I do?

Results. (interesting ones) come later.

t_perkin
02-15-2004, 09:55 AM
I reckon you have to fold on the flop or move in if you reckon you have them beat - I don't know what stage of the SnG you are at....? fold if early.

I usually lose a lot with two pair on the flop. So I have become quite shy about playing them if there is any action in front of me, especially with a dangerous looking flop.

But I am not good at this sort of sitauation. they could both be on draws or an overpair or somesuch.

Tim

BradleyT
02-15-2004, 01:54 PM
If I flop a set here I'm going all in to not let any gutshots hit their straight. If someone has a straight, I still have some outs to catch up.

If I flop a straight here I'll do a smallish bet/raise like the other players did in your example because it's a non-flush board and I don't have much to worry about.

If I flop 2 pair here I probably go all in also, you're way ahead 85% of the time here.

Let me guess...one of the players had something like TT and counterfeited your two pair?

SaintAces
02-15-2004, 02:54 PM
First bettor had JJ for the counterfited 2 pair.
Raiser showed A high...

foofighter
02-15-2004, 07:18 PM
thats what you get for playing that trash hand.