PDA

View Full Version : Medium Connectors In T-P/L-A Games

01-05-2002, 05:02 AM
Hello,Hold'em players,

I have two questions to resolve.

(1) Is playing a medium suited connector ok in a tight-passive game(few callers,no raisers pre-flop or on the flop)?

I know that the immediate pot odds does not justify a call;however,if one would consider the implied odds,can he make a case for calling this type of hand?

************************************************** *************************************************

(2) If the game is loose-aggressive(many callers;frequently capped pre-flop and on the flop),is one correct in playing medium suited connectors?

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Sitting Bull

01-05-2002, 07:00 AM
The conventional wisdom is that pairs go up in value in loose aggressive games. They get immediate set flopping value with 6 or more players. The suited connectors are better in passive games because they want to see the flop cheaply, and possibly draw cheaply with high implied odds.

I'm sure others will chime in if I misrepresented this too badly.

01-06-2002, 02:43 AM
Hello,Clarkmeister,

There is consensus among you and other players concerning medium suited connectors:do not play these hands in a loose-agressive game,but only in a passive game. The "do-Not" also applies to tight-aggressive games.

I want to thank you for your input. This problem was haunting me for quite awhile. I was not able to sleep. I'm happy this problem was finally resolved for me.

Thanks again!

Sitting Bull