PDA

View Full Version : 99 from the CO

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO-1 raises

Your move. Coldcall or raise.

bdk3clash
02-14-2004, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO-1 raises

Your move. Coldcall or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally fold here, but if I was going to play I would coldcall.

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Why would you fold here? I think that's a terrible play. You already have 5 opponents - with players still to act. PP stand action better than suited connectors do. Plus it's not a small PP, it's a high-mid pair.

The question here (from my point of view) is do I raise to thin the field somewhat (some are still coming along no matter what - this is Party) or do I go for a fullout family pot. If I thin the field the 9's have a better chance of standing on their own, if need be.

With a small pair the question wouldn't even come up. I coldcall every time. With a larger pair I reraise every time. 9's are sort of in that in between stage.

But there's no way I can see laying down *any* pp in this situation.

balkii
02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Whats your read on CO-1? Is he the type to loosen up his raises after many limpers to include hands like weak suited Aces, JTs, and those types of hands? If so you can punish him by 3-betting and (probably) getting it HU. But if you think one or more of the limpers will call 2 bets back to him then I wouldnt do it. Id just coldcall.

Vehn
02-15-2004, 01:38 AM
Doing anything other than calling would be a mistake.

BugsBunny
02-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Anyway I coldcalled (I actually did think about reraising for a moment)). Here's how the hand played out. Any more comments are welcome.

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO-1 raises, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(9 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO-1 calls, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO-1 folds.

Turn: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets $1 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero bets, SB calls.

River: (16.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, SB folds.

UTG shows 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the straight and takes down $56.50

Hero collects $9.50 (net loss of 6.50)

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Maybe I was just being results oriented and thinking that a raise may have knocked out the eventual winner. Could have been worse - I could have collected nothing.