PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting Arod to the Yankees for Soriano

Clarkmeister
02-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I don't know why all you Yankee fans always get so nervous. Money solves all woes.

JTG51
02-14-2004, 06:30 PM
This is one Yankee fan that hasn't been nervous.

As a Yankee fan, I love this deal. As a baseball fan, I'm not so sure.

Zeno
02-15-2004, 12:47 AM
Yanks payroll will be, I heard, about 190 million this season. George comes through with flying colors. No surprise at all. The Red Sox are left to fret and fume, again.

-Zeno

George Rice
02-15-2004, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Red Sox are left to fret and fume, again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worth the price just for that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoeU
02-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Oh Happy Day!

I'm having a good night on the computer, then I look at this thread!

JTG, I hear there is a parade in New Youk scheduled some time in late October. Maybe we should invite Joe Tall! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

Joe Tall
02-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Jeter at 2nd?

I don't think this is good for baseball.

F-me,
Joe Tall

JTG51
02-15-2004, 02:08 AM
ARod to 3rd. He already agreed.

I agree that it's probably not good for baseball. Still, as a Yankee fan it's hard not to be excited.

JoeU
02-15-2004, 02:08 AM
I just read the story on ESPN. A-Rod at 3rd, Jeter at SS, and honestly, who cares at 2nd (it will probably be Eric Almonte, which is an upgrade defensively).

Hey Joe, I'll drive to the parade! /images/graemlins/grin.gif (You know darn well which one. It will make the Pats party look like a funeral).

Joe Matsui

Joe Tall
02-15-2004, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, as a Yankee fan it's hard not to be excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have it to easy. No heart. No soul. Handed to you like a toddler at halloween.

Yes, I'm jealous. How could I not be?

However, you'all know if the Old Town gets a World Series Championship. It will be the greatest of all time.

I will be there,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
02-15-2004, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Joe, I'll drive to the parade!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it will sure the f-ck won't be JTG. I don't think the three of us will fit on a Big Wheel anyway. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Let's see. The Red Sox have the deal done. The Rangers want it. The Red Sox want it. A-Rod wants it, and Manny wants it.

But Gene Orza of the players' union nixes it, invoking all this union-solidarity crap.

Where's Gene Orza from?

The Bronx.

ThaSaltCracka
02-15-2004, 04:33 PM
you forget the key part about the Soxs asking texas to pay for most of the contract and the red sox trying to defer a lot of the payments. The soxs deal was never going to happen, there to dumb to get it done.

daryn
02-15-2004, 09:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
...there to dumb to get it done.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoeU
02-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Daryn,

Did you know your "quote box" comes up as "In risposta di"? I just have 2 questions:

1: How did you get that to do that?

2: Che parta di Italia venite? Io sonno di Canicattini Bagni, vicino di Siracusa?

Giuseppe

daryn
02-16-2004, 02:40 AM
siracusa eh? e' in sicilia no? i miei nonni sono di palermo, ma io sono americano.

in the user options i have my language set to italian, so everything comes up italian, even the quote boxes. i can dig it.

ciao.

andyfox
02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Clarkmeister is correct.

Pettite leaves? We'll take Vasquez, who struck out 240 last year and is developing into one of the top five pitchers in the game.

Clemens leaves? No problem, we'll take Kevin Brown, who is already one of the top five pitchers in the game.

Middle relief spotty? No problem, we'll take Tom Gordon and Paul Quantrill to set up for Rivera.

No right fielder? No problem, we'll take Gary Sheffield for $39 million.

Bernie getting a bit old? No problem, we'll take Kenny Lofton to platoon with him, or to share center field/DH.

Aaron Boone injured? No problem, we'll get the best player in the league, who has won consecutive gold gloves at shortstop, and convince him to play third base. We'll pay him $16,000,000 a year and convince the Rangers to pay the rest of what he's owed.

Second base now a problem? We'll let Soriano play a year in Texas then get him back when he's a free agent. The kid Almonte will hit around .260 and field better anyway. We don't need much offensive production from his anyway, given that our lineup . . .

Lofton
Jeter
A-Rod
Giambi
Sheffield
Williams
Matsui
Posada
Almonte

. . . features a number eight hitter who was a 30 HR 100 RBI man who finished third in the MVP voting last year.

George Rice
02-16-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lofton
Jeter
A-Rod
Giambi
Sheffield
Williams
Matsui
Posada
Almonte

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but wouldn't it really be a sweet lineup with Soriano Batting 9th too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/news/nyy_news.jsp?ymd=20040216&amp;content_id=637562&amp;vkey=n ews_nyy&amp;fext=.jsp

JoeU
02-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Si, Io sonno siciliano. Pero, io ai nasciuto in Hartford.

State Buono.