PDA

View Full Version : 6-12, hand #2

01-04-2002, 05:55 AM
This hand happened soon after I sat down at the 6-12 table. I didn't have specific reads yet on people, but in general, the table looked pretty loose.

I was in EP with KK and raised. 2 called. MP player re-raised. 2 more called. I re-raised. All called. Six see the flop for four bets each.

Flop: A 5 5 (rainbow)

Probably one of the worst flops for me. I bet (hopefully to represent pocket As). 2 folded. 2 called. LP raised. All called (including me, and yes, I know that my call was wrong).

I mucked to a bet on the turn. The two mid-position bettors ended up chopping with 56o, and 57s.

How should I have played the flop? I'm thinking that I should have checked-folded because there were too many players in the field. Or do I re-raise the flop? If so, how far do I go to try to represent pocket As with this huge pot?

01-04-2002, 06:51 AM
Probably one of the worst flops for me.

The Ace looks bad but what kind of fool would call 4 bets pre-flop with a 5. /images/smile.gif

yes, I know that my call was wrong

Huh? There are 29 small bets (rake not calculated) in the pot when the flop action gets back to you. That's plenty to call one small bet hoping to spike a King on the turn. In fact, you've got fairly close odds to call one big bet on the turn.

Your flop play was good. You definitely should bet after 4-betting pre-flop. Bet and see if anybody else says their strong enough to challenge you. There aren't always Aces out there. Check-folding on the flop is bad for the same reason you shouldn't fold to the raise- you're getting the proper odds to call.

01-04-2002, 07:09 AM

01-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Jen,

You can't represent anything here. You opponents cold called with 65 off and 75 suited. Do you think they are going to notice anything. You have to make the best hand and beat it out of them, because they will call you.

Where is this game anyway? I feel a road trip coming on ;o).

good luck,

Bob T.

01-04-2002, 09:09 PM
This game was at Bay 101 in San Jose, CA. Introduce yourself if you happen to be out here.

01-04-2002, 09:26 PM
yer not gettin the fives out no matter even if ya had pocket A. personally i would bet out and if raised call to the turn. however, if 2 bets came back at me, id fold. id see the turn for 1 raise. basically just an information bet, see where ya stand. it is a cheap street after all. id also sometimes check and call 1 bet at times also. same principle. sounds like yer in a good game if theyre cold callin with those hands.

b