PDA

View Full Version : Winning with 37o

01-04-2002, 05:24 AM
I've been living vicariously off of this website for the past few weeks but finally got back to the poker tables today!

This is a 6-12 hand which I don't have any questions on, but just thought was so cool...

Four limped in, and I checked with 37o in the BB.

Flop: 2d 3d 3s

I bet, all called.

Turn: [2d 3d 3s] 3h

Check (me), bet, fold, call, fold, call (me).

River: [2d 3d 3s] 3h 9d

Check (me), bet, call, raise (me), call, fold.

01-04-2002, 06:40 AM
If you're going to check the turn then you should raise when you get the chance and lead on the river. It's possible the river may get checked around with everyone else fearing a slow-played 3. You'd lose two bets per opponent if the river was checked down.

01-04-2002, 10:40 AM
I like leading on the turn. On the flop, people fear the 3. However, on the turn they fear it far less and it is easier to get action as players now really like pocket pairs. Players will also overplay the fact that they have a full house and it will be very hard for them to lay it down.

01-04-2002, 09:11 PM
i really like the play...

the flop..they usually would put ya on pkt pair or a 2..

turn i find in this situation a check raise they usually fold. especially if ya didnt bet the flop...

river.... musta had a good read on the guy to bet. nice one. sucks to lose that last bet on end when he does just check. my question is how were the reactions when ya showed your quads? did they put ya on it? i doubt it unless they were good thinking players.

very nice play. on the next big hand made on the turn after this, then id bet the turn. to mix it up a little.

b

01-04-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure what the opponent who called my check-raise put me on. He hesitated a lot. After I exposed my hand, an observer said, "Look at that hand.", but that was all.

I put him on a flush draw and was pretty sure he'd bet when the diamond came on the river. I would've bet outright rather than check-raised if a diamond didn't show.

My opponent is a decent player but tries to push me off hands. We played a couple of times heads up before -- in one I had pocket Ks and got quads on the flop. He paid me off (me checking, him betting) till the river, when I bet out and he folded. Another hand, I was holding pocket As, and a pair of 5s came on the river. He bet out; I called. He didn't want to show his hand, so I just flipped over my As.

01-04-2002, 09:48 PM
the way ya played this, try playin that way when ya flop quads. like yer KK hand. theyd probably be thinkin 'who bets trips here?' then check turn and bet. then next strong hand bet all the way through...or check to river....keep em guessin...

b