PDA

View Full Version : Whats your play here?

Bluff1
02-14-2004, 12:51 PM
20 sng at stars. The blinds are 100/200 a25. 7 players left I’m in the middle of the pack with T 2360. I’m on the big blind with [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] it’s folded to the small blind who completes. Sb is the chip leader and has T 7255.

Flop [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Sb checks, I bet 600, sb reraises me and it’s 1535 for to call all in and the pot is 2710.

Thought process I figured sb couldn’t have any ace as he would have raised preflop on the steal. I rule out a set as well because again I feel he would have raised preflop. He could have something like K9 or Q9. I figured he probably had some type of draw such as jt, qts, something of that nature. He had been limping in with connectors the whole game so I can’t rule out 89. So given that info do you call or fold in this situation and why? Results to come.

BradleyT
02-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Many of the hands he can hold puts you at a 2:1 dog or close to it. You will almost be getting proper odds to call. However by folding you still have 1500 left and will be in the SB, so 1400 left and then you get to play a complete orbit for free (minus ante).

No brainer throw away hand for me. TPFAP will tell you this (marginal situation) and TJ's no limit championship will tell you this also.

Bluff1
02-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi brad

I usually would fold but not against this guy. I called he flipped over 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and we wound up splitting the pot.