PDA

View Full Version : Eek. An EP limp-reraiser and I flop a hand

sfer
02-14-2004, 03:01 AM
EP1 has played a few orbits and has seen a lot of flops. Like 40% or so. EP also seems to be a little reckless and sticks around hands too long.

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 3-bets, EP2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls

Flop(13 1/3 SB): 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 bets, EP2 calls, MP2 calls, hero?

Nottom
02-14-2004, 04:00 AM
I'd call.

thirddan
02-14-2004, 05:33 AM
if you raise here don't you get more info and doesn't it make the turn easier to play? if you just call do you intend to fold on the turn if a blank hits?

ike
02-14-2004, 06:13 AM
You call cuz either you're ahead or behind and its not terribly likely to change. You just want to get to showdown cheap because your hand is strong but its hard to kno w if its best. You could consider raising and taking a free card if they let you.

Bob T.
02-14-2004, 06:38 AM
I have TPTK, and the nut backdoor flush draw. There is no way I am going away. So, the only question, is raise or call? I think the two inbetween might be on some sort of draw, and it wouldn't take much draw, to be right to continue in this largish pot. The next factor, is the looseness of the Limpreraiser, I think that it is more likely that he made that play with a strange hand than AA, or KK, and you are probably ahead. So, the last question is can you get the draws to fold, or is it just a matter of charging them the most to get to the river? I think you smooth call the flop, and then raise the turn, and then guage what to do based on their reactions then.

Good luck,
Play well,

Bob T.

chesspain
02-14-2004, 10:26 AM
I'ld call this, and then see what card and action comes on the turn.

sfer
02-14-2004, 12:49 PM
I raised, got 3-bet by by the limp-reraiser, and the callers both hung in there. I figured at least one was drawing to a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif so I wanted them to pay. Also, EP1 was erratic and I wasn't folding TPTK unless the turn/river went miserable, so I wanted to raise him when it was cheap and try to get control of the hand. Oops. Bad raise?

Turn card is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (12 2/3 BBs).

EP1 bets, everyone calls, and I went into call down mode.

River(16 2/3 BB): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Bet, fold, fold, I call.

He turns over AK, I'm good, and I hand some notes to scribble down on EP1.