PDA

View Full Version : AQo UTG

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 02:47 AM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO-1 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB folds,

Your move. And what do you plan to do on the turn (if you're not folding).

joker122
02-14-2004, 04:20 AM
I'd make a good fold here. It's painfully obvious that your up against (at least) kings, considering that you showed strength preflop and he still raised the flop.

chesspain
02-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't think I'ld lay this down for one bet, especially since you're getting 10:1 on the call. Unless he has AK or KQ, all of your outs will be good. On the other hand, could he be tricky enough to semi-bluff you with JT, although it is difficult to see someone coldcalling PF with this and then making this play on you here unless they were suited.

Unfortunately, I think that your play here and on the remainder of the hand is player dependent, and I'm not sure what I would do. Whereas I would not fold, I could see the benefits of both calling here as well as three-betting (with the intention of folding to a cap).

bunky9590
02-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Its Party!

The raiser has 72o and is "making a move"
Three bet his sorry behind.

Against a rational opponent call and see what the turn brings. Is he the type to raise with a draw?

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I called the flop raise. Recapping and into the turn:

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO-1 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Your move

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 10:40 AM
lol. The one thing that I'm learning about Party is that anything is possible - which leads to some interesting decisions /images/graemlins/smile.gif The good news is that, after about 1000 hands, I'm winning at about 5.9 BB/100. We'll see if anything close to that continues.

chesspain
02-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Easy checkcall here, since you have just picked up four more outs to a Str8, and this card does not cause you to lose any of your A or Q outs (assuming he does not have the very unlikely AT).

bunky9590
02-14-2004, 10:51 AM
I check call here. You could easily be ahead, but easily behind. You picked up outs with the Jack, so you have to see the river, if he gives the free card, great.

BugsBunny
02-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I actually bet into him on the turn. At Stars or UB I probably would check-call. I may be making the mistake of underestimating my Party opposition. Anyway I wanted to see if he would raise me back, maybe fold (if he was betting his pair of deuces in the hole - but even then he would probably call), or simply call. If he raised me back I would have made a call because of the additional outs, but would not have been happy about it. And a raise would definitely give me a check/fold on the river. As it is he just called. So we're now at the river.

SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets, MP2 calls.

River: (7.5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Your move. Check/call, Check/fold, Bet and fold to a raise?

Results and final thoughts to follow very shortly.