PDA

View Full Version : AKs on the Button - $2/4

joker122
02-13-2004, 05:12 PM
A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button. 2/4 Party. I've been at the table for about 20 minutes and the players seem really terrible. I raise on the button and get six callers (great..) Blinds call, UTG, UTG+1. MP, LP call.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets. BB calls. UTG, UTG+1, and MP fold. LP calls. I raise. SB calls, BB re-reaises!? I cap. Everyone calls.
At this point I'm worried about KT, or TT.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

This puts the fourth diamond on the board, and I'm pretty sure I've lost a big pot. SB checks, BB bets, LP calls, I just call. SB calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets. Only I call. Pot size: 20.5 BB.

Comments on all streets much appreciated.

BigEndian
02-13-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise on the button and get six callers (great..)

[/ QUOTE ]

Should read, "OMFG, I can't believe I'm so GD lucky!!!!!!!"

If the BB hadn't put the re-raise in the to jack the pot up, I probably would have raised the turn and then start worrying if it was 3-bet. I might have done it anyway.

Other than that, I think it's fine.

- Jim

joker122
02-13-2004, 05:28 PM
BB turns over K,3. MHIG. However, I feel like I lost this hand, as I missed alot of bets.

Sarge85
02-13-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

At this point I'm worried about KT, or TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa - I have read the rest of the post, but if you are putting him exactly on these hands, your giving up WAY to much. He called a raise from the BB, not uncommon with bad players to do, with ANY sort of hand.

My guess is he has a King of some sort - could be any King.

steveyz
02-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Raise the turn, then if 3-bet call it down. Players at party routinely overplay trips with no kicker.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
02-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Good flop cap. Raise the turn.

bdk3clash
02-13-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

This puts the fourth diamond on the board, and I'm pretty sure I've lost a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, first off, this is the third /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, not the fourth. If they have a flush, so be it. You must raise this turn--you've got outs anyway. If they 3-bet, call and call the river unimproved.