PDA

View Full Version : Rush's theory on the Democrats' strategy

ChipWrecked
02-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Rush's view of the current campaign (roughly this):

The Clintons remain at the apex of the Democratic Party. Their goal is to put Hilary in the White House. This is more easily done if she doesn't have to run against an incumbent. Therefore they do not want a Democrat to win in '04, thus giving Hilary a clear shot in '08. They are setting Kerry et al up to take one for the team this year.

elwoodblues
02-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Rush and his cronies give the Clintons WAY too much credit. Daily you hear on his show (and others) about how the Clintons are running the party. The only reason he says this stuff is because the Clintons made him millions and he'd like to continue with that trend.

On an unrelated note --- I love to hear he (and other talk radio hosts) telling the Democrats to "get over" the election issues with Gore/Bush yet daily they talk as though Bill Clinton is still responsible for all (or most) of life's ills.

adios
02-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Rarely do I listen to Limbaugh or his show. I've heard this line of thinking before from others. I believe DNC chairman McAuliffe is Clinton's preferred chairman. I've heard that Clinton was diametrically opposed to Howard Dean. It sure seems to me that the DNC wants to win the Presidency in 2004 very badly so I don't put a lot of credence in that arguement. Also have seen and heard speculation that Hillary will be the Vice Presidential nominee. Honestly I don't see Hillary as being a viable candidate for the Presidency or the Vice Presidency but I suppose anything is possible. I also don't see the "Limbaugh" scenario as being scandelous or shocking.

Taxman
02-13-2004, 03:18 PM
I think it's because before Clinton, the Republicans had no counterpart for Raegan and his role as the most hated Republican among Democrats. Of course with Bush in the white house, the Democrats get to keep the lead!

TakeMeToTheRiver
02-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Either Rush has no idea of what he is talking about or he is on drugs...

...or both... /images/graemlins/grin.gif