PDA

View Full Version : Attitude

thomastem
02-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Attitude is the most under-rated skill/attribute for success. It can drive you down the path of winning or leave you mired in losing.

Anyone can get in a poker game tonight and lose but everyone doesn't review that session for hours to improve. Anyone can read poker books but not everyone will read them 5 times and actually break out a deck of cards and practice the concepts.

We are all born not knowing how to win at poker. We all have the ability to do what it takes to be a pro but do we have the desire?

I guess my point is rather than ask if you can become a proker pro, ask yourself if you are willing to dedicate yourself to do all of the work it takes to become one.

Now I don't want Astro fans getting upset it's not about individuals.

La Brujita
02-13-2004, 01:24 PM
I agree with the post completely. The only thing I would add is attitude needs to be combined with discipline.

I look at my collection of poker books and I have read about 20 books over the past 6 months. It takes dedication to be good.

To be a good poker player you need to be able to understand your strengths, weaknesses and where you need to improve. This is very hard to do, but it is almost impossible to be a long term winner without having very solid self critiquing abilities imo.