PDA

View Full Version : value bet

ordnaryjam
02-13-2004, 11:55 AM
5-10 game, i sat down 12 hands or so ago, and have paid my blinds once.
The table is 11 handed (ive said it before, here in cleveland we do everything 10% harder than anywhere else)
I have A7 /images/graemlins/club.gif in Lp, three limpers to me, i limp, button calls, blinds are coming along.
Flop 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Sb checks, bb bets, one caller, i raise, button folds, sb folds bb 3- bets, caller folds i call. heads up
Turn 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif sb bets i call
river A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Sb checks
Bet for value here or no?

mmanne
02-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I'd go with definite value bet. I'm putting SB on 88 or 99 (small chance of JJ), and think that he will call you down with it. I guess it could be a very oddly played three of a kind, but I don't think so. And with that much uncertainty, I always try and pick up the value bet.

Barry
02-13-2004, 12:12 PM
You don't say anything about the table or your opponent here, but with a typical opponent 3-betting that flop out of the BB, he most likely has a 3 and is afraid that you made a flush on the river. It is possible that he played an overpair to the flop or even a 7 that way, if he's real aggressive; but on balance, you're behind more than you are ahead so I'd check behind.

Joe Tall
02-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Looks like he has the 3 and fears you were on a flush-draw. Looks like he missed a value bet, you didn't.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall