PDA

View Full Version : Street Recommendations – Not Aggressive Enough?

SirRaleigh
02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Playing 2-4 Party game earlier today. Just arrived 10 hands ago, about 50% time preflop raise, moderate aggression. I’m in LMP dealt KhKc.

Folded to me, I open raise. LP reraises big blind calls 2, I cap every one calls. Three players.
9d, Ks, 2h
BB checks, I check (is this too fishy looking), LP bets, BB raises (perfect), I just call, LP calls.
9d, Ks, 2h, Jd
BB bets, I just call, LP calls.
9d, Ks, 2h, Jd, 5d
BB bets, I raise, BB reraises (hmmm), I call.

What does BB have, should I be more aggressive or do people like this play. I thought raising after BB check raises the flop would knock out LP and probably put BB into check-call mode.

SirRaleigh

mmanne
02-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't think I would have played this hand that way at all. Capping Preflop and then open-checking with that flop would scare the hell out of me from someone else. I think it's too obvious a slowplay. I would have bet out on the flop, and hoped that someone else raised you.

So, then, why not make them pay on the turn, if you are going to slow play? You got a card that's potentially pretty scary, straights, and flush draws are out there. CR your set.

I assume LP went away to your River raise? I'll put BB on 99 or 22

bernie
02-13-2004, 11:45 AM
wouldve been great to bet out on the flop, get some callers, then get c/r by the BB, wouldnt it? it also makes the hand easier to read.

given the play, id reraise the river.

b

SirRaleigh
02-13-2004, 12:03 PM
BB pulls it down with a flush with Kd6d. Being the preflop capper, I think I should of raised on the flop and reraised the check-raise from BB.

bernie
02-13-2004, 08:50 PM
how about at least raising the turn. yknow, where he 'really' pays a price to draw. there was no reason i can think of to just call this here.

b