PDA

View Full Version : PP .5/1 slowplay all-in raiser?

01-02-2002, 12:08 PM
Wondering if this is the play you would have made. I was considering reraising on the turn when the guy went all-in raise, but thought I might lose the better. Any thoughts?

Transcript of last 10 games requested by (vehn_)

-----------------------------------------------------

Game #143260503 - $0.50/$1 Hold'em - 2002/01/01-22:44:27 (CST)

Table "Tahiti" (real money) -- Seat 9 is the button

Seat 1: glceud ($45.50 in chips)

Seat 2: vehn_ ($31.75 in chips)

Seat 4: MikeyBob ($10 in chips)

Seat 5: plzrr ($42.25 in chips)

Seat 6: Stu-Bo ($57 in chips)

Seat 7: Mike T ($87.25 in chips)

Seat 8: dormg ($25.50 in chips)

Seat 9: duggie ($3 in chips)

Seat 10: plasticgod ($27.50 in chips)

plasticgod: Post Small Blind ($0.25)

glceud : Post Big Blind ($0.50)

Dealing...

Dealt to vehn_ [ 7c ]

Dealt to vehn_ [ 6c ]

vehn_ : Call ($0.50)

MikeyBob: Fold

plzrr : Fold

Stu-Bo : Fold

Mike T : Fold

dormg : Call ($0.50)

duggie : Call ($0.50)

plasticgod: Call ($0.25)

glceud : Check

*** FLOP *** : [ 8h 5d Ts ]

plasticgod: Check

glceud : Check

vehn_ : Check

dormg : Check

duggie : Bet ($0.50)

plasticgod: Call ($0.50)

glceud : Call ($0.50)

vehn_ : Call ($0.50)

dormg : Fold

*** TURN *** : [ 8h 5d Ts ] [ 4c ]

plasticgod: Bet ($1)

glceud : Call ($1)

vehn_ : Call ($1)

duggie : Raise All-in ($2)

plasticgod: Call ($1)

glceud : Fold

vehn_ : Call ($1)

*** RIVER *** : [ 8h 5d Ts 4c ] [ 2h ]

plasticgod: Check

vehn_ : Bet ($1)

plasticgod: Call ($1)

Results:

*** SUMMARY ***

duggie lost $3 (showed hand) [ Th Kh ] (a pair of tens)

plasticgod lost $4 [ 8d 4d ] (two pair, eights and fours)

01-02-2002, 12:19 PM
In this hand, you are not losing bets by three-betting the all-in raiser. Few LL Hold'em players will fold two pair on a ragged board like this.

lars

01-02-2002, 03:05 PM
3 things. First, these posts are easier to read when placed in the story format rather than the PP format. Second, you shouldn't be limping with 76s UTG. Third, you should reraise on the turn in my opinion. You never showed any strength until the river, but you had the nuts. Why not?

Mojay

01-02-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have played that UTG - but the table had been very tight passive so far and I wasn't expecting a raise and took a chance. Sorry about the format. Re: raising on the turn, the all-in and better both showed strength, but I figured calling the raise on the turn would induce the better to bet on the river, but I guess he smelled me. Raising on the turn would most likely have set off "he's got a straight" alarms and would probably have caused a muck considering he was looking at calling 2 big bets, especially since he warily checked on the river - but at least he called. I guess its more of a play-the-player type thing.

01-02-2002, 05:46 PM
coz,

I was going to say don't play 76 suited UTG, but I see that you opponents are playing 84 suited, so if that's as weak as you go, you are probably ahead of them.

Aside from that, I like the idea of letting the all-in player raise himself all-in, because they do that a lot of the time when they don't quite have the goods, because they are getting better odds on there money if they can get it in early. But after he raises, and the action comes back to you, you have the nuts, don't let the action die now. Put in one more bet on the turn, and your bet on the river, and you win one more BB this hand.

Good luck,

Bob T.