PDA

View Full Version : 5,3 in bb dream flop

kenos03
02-13-2004, 10:50 AM
10 handed, 5-10 at trump loose passive pre-flop fairly agressive post-flop. Hand in question I have 3,5o in bb.

Notes on people in hand: utg+2- pretty loose passive player plays alot of hands and not very agressive
button-agressive but pretty good player most times will bet if he has position

pre-flop: utg calls, utg+2 calls, co calls, button calls, kenos checks

flop: 559 rainbow
kenos checks, utg checks, utg+2 checks, co checks, button bets, kenos calls, utg folds, utg+2 calls, co folds

turn: 7 completing rainbow for 7(559)
kenos checks, utg+2 checks, button bets, kenos raises, utg+2 folds, button calls

river: 10 (5579)
kenos bets, button raises, kenos calls

button has 8,J for made str8

Now my main question is if I had raised the button on the flop I believe he would have folded his overcards (which I was pretty sure he had) and with the check raise and bad board everyone else would have folded too.
Should I take the pot down right there or get greedy and slowplay a little. The board is not draw heavy and if someone hits thier overcards they probably will believe they are best.
Any other comment appreciated on all streets

DonWaade
02-13-2004, 11:06 AM
I am still learning but IMO you cannot slow play trips. Slow play quads or a nut flush. You said that it was not draw heavy, but it was not for you as well. If you had a set it might be differnet.

Bet the flop or even check raise (if you insist on slow play). Even if they all folded, you still would have 5-7 bets that you would be taking down not him.