PDA

View Full Version : KQ mp 6-12

Schmed
02-13-2004, 10:45 AM
EP caller, I am in a MP look down and see K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif I raise, lp calls, button calls, SB folds, BB calls, EP calls.

Flop;

10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me I bet, LP raises, button folds, BB folds, ep folds, I reraise lp calls.

turn

7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, lp raises, I call

river

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, lp bets, I call

DonWaade
02-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I am not sure what you are looking for here. I think you played right by calling the river. But it looks like a "habit call." I do not blame you as you had TP with strong kicker. I too need to get away from those habit calls when I know that I have the second best hand. I prolly need to start a seperate thread. Sorry, dont mind my drivel

jon

chesspain
02-13-2004, 11:31 AM
I think you played this O.K., although I'ld expect to be shown TT or a even AQ.

Schmed
02-13-2004, 11:58 AM
u got it. THe 10,10.

I posted this hand because at the table when I thought about the hands he had I didn't think about 10,10.

My thinking was he had a flush and if I hit I win. I was also thinking on the river that there was too much money in the pot and thought that for 12 bucks I would make sure he wasn't getting tricky...

Really I think I played this horribly because I didn't even consider the set of 10's.

chesspain
02-13-2004, 12:21 PM
I didn't really think he had the flush, since he would have certainly capped the flop unless he had the nut flush. In addition, unless he was a fish, he would not have coldcalled PF with a hand that could have made a baby flush on this board; in fact, about the only made flush that a decent player could have here would be AJs, unless this table had been playing so loose-passive that it would have made sense for a decent player to coldcall from MP with something like A9s.

However, even if you had been cognizant of all of this, it's difficult to get away from your hand, especially with TP/GK and a draw to the second nut flush.