PDA

View Full Version : TT UTG - Flop Decision

SwordFish
02-13-2004, 04:10 AM
ICP 5/10 Full Table

I'm UTG with T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

My only read at this point is the BB who is a Loose Maniac that will bet/raise/cap nearly any hand.

I open raise, folded to Button who 3 bets (this means nothing to me), SB cold calls, BB caps, all call.

Flop [ 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

SB bets, BB raises. What's my move ?

My decision and the results below in white:

<font color="white"> I think I am behind at least the BB here. The pot was $95 but I was fairly sure the betting would also be capped this round. So it would cost me another $20 to remain in what could be a $160 pot going to the turn. Based on my read, I think I only have two outs.

I make what I still think is a good fold, despite the results.

Does anyone stay in here ?

Of course the Turn brings the Tc

River: 3d

Button showed 6s 7s (Maniac)

BB had an overplayed pair of 7's (noted for next time)

SB took the $202 pot with AJo. (I would have folded PF)
</font>

SF

Ed Miller
02-13-2004, 04:19 AM
Ok dude,

My only read at this point is the BB who is a Loose Maniac that will bet/raise/cap nearly any hand.

I think I am behind at least the BB here.

I was gonna say more, but why? This speaks for itself.

GuyOnTilt
02-13-2004, 04:57 AM
How is this in any way a tough decision?

GoT

steveyz
02-13-2004, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think I am behind at least the BB here. The pot was $95 but I was fairly sure the betting would also be capped this round. So it would cost me another $20 to remain in what could be a $160 pot going to the turn. Based on my read, I think I only have two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean you thought you were at least behind the SB? I see no reason why you'd think the BB had anything, given your description.

Stu Pidasso
02-13-2004, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB bets, BB raises. What's my move ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold and then go post on 2+2.

Stu

SwordFish
02-13-2004, 06:28 AM
OK Ed - Sorry I wasted your time. I f'd up.

That line should read: My only read is the Button who is a loose maniac. That is why I said the Button 3 bet meant nothing to me. No read on the BB as he just sat in.

SF

SwordFish
02-13-2004, 07:01 AM
How is this in any way a tough decision?

GoT -

At the time I didn't think it was a tough decision. However I was told by a "respected" 2+2 poster that folding was a mistake. (His reasoning was that the pot was large and with a high expectation of action on later streets if I hit my hand, I should have at least gone to the Turn) I disagreed and posted the hand for comments.

SF

SpiderMnkE
02-13-2004, 09:45 AM
The only way you could consider calling here is if you had your 23:1 odds to hit your set on the turn. And the BB raise cutting whatever odds you had in half, not to mention the maniac still to act make this the easiest decision you'll ever see.

Schmed
02-13-2004, 09:54 AM
I fold. I give at least the SB credit for the A. I get a seat change too and try and sit to the maniacs right.

Schmed
02-13-2004, 10:01 AM
with pocket 10's you will go broke calling 2 when you expect it to be capped with an A on the board. Now it may have been a mistake to fold for 1 small bet and that what the "respected" member of 2+2 was talking about