PDA

View Full Version : KQo in BB

Brain
02-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey everybody-
Been around for a while, but this is the first hand I've posted. Let's have at it:

Stars 1/2 (10 hands)
no real stellar players at the table

Hero has K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB

folded around to SB who completes and I check (2 SB)

flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif (top two pair)

SB checks, I check along after limping (1 BB)

turn brings 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls (5 BB)

river shows T /images/graemlins/spade.gif (possible flush)

SB checks, Hero thinks for a while and checks along (5 BB)

SB shows 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I'm good

Comments on all streets are welcome re:
PF check?
flop check? I wanted to slow-play a little and had already decided to speed up if a second suit came up
turn raise? speed up after SB bet
river check? possible flush, didn't want to lose a BB on the end (probably weak)

calvin
02-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Hello,

Assuming you check your option preflop--I would check the flop, bet/raise the turn, bet/raise the river.

For me, this is an autoraise preflop when the SB just completes his blind and it is now HU.

River check when the backdoor flush hits is very weak.

Calvin

HajiShirazu
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Raise preflop...bet the flop...bet bet bet.
Since you played it the way you did, for the love of god, bet the river.

slavic
02-13-2004, 01:26 AM
First what makes you think you don't have the best hand pre-flop? Raise you are cheating yourself out of money here. This also gives you control of the hand, let's say the flop comes down rags, you bet and he folds. Guess what. You are way ahead in the money list. KQo is worth about a 1/3rd of a big bet, so if you just win the blinds with it your doing well.

On the flop heads up people just don't believe you and they tend to be aggressive then passive later. Get some bets in on the flop, if they fold Oh well. Most low limit players want to see 1 more card no matter what and will pay that flop bet.

On the river, bet and call a raise. Heads up situations are not really the time to worry about a flush, and runner runner even makes it less likely.

In a blind war I've seen people call down as little as ace high, they want to see a river because they don't believe you, make them pay to see it.