PDA

View Full Version : Q8o BB

Barnie
02-12-2004, 08:09 PM
5-10 b&m
loose moderately aggressive to passive

i had Q8 on the bb 4 limpers including the sb.

flop Qs 8s 4s
sb checks i check very loose aggressive late position player bets sb raises i reraise.Everyone folds including the original late position player sb calls.

Heads up
turn is 9h
sb checks i bet

river is 9d

sb bets i fold
I thought this might have been a weak fold, However he isn't the type to bluff, so i thought it was a safe fold (he showed me AcQc)
but my concern was not from him but from others at the table who see me make many similar laydowns althought they never see my hand they do see me raising re raising betting and then folding for a single bet so my question is should i have called this bet so that i don't become targetted for bluffs.

BaronVonCP
02-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I like betting out on the flop and then raising/reraising.
The river laydown is fine. There aren't many hands that you beat now.

I may make this call for the one in 30 chance that the guy is crazy, and to make it less likely you get bluffed in the future. But definately nothing wrong with folding.

Brian
02-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Hi Barnie,

You have top pair with no kicker on a 3 Flush board. Why are you 3-betting? I am folding here every time. I never bet the Turn here and fold to a bet on the River. And yes, you should call this bet not only because the pot is so large, but also because if you are perceived as a "folder", you may have people start taking more shots at you, which is bad.

-Brian

Brian
02-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi Baron,

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting out on the flop and then raising/reraising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is definitely a check and see what happens type of situation. In fact, this very situation is discussed in HPFAP a number of times. Specifically, you have flopped top pair with no kicker from the BB, and you are facing a rather large field. Check and fold if the bet comes from EP, fold if the SB bets, and raise if its checked around to a LP player. This is even more true when the Flop is mono-tone, I believe.

-Brian

bisonbison
02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Brian, he has 2 pair.

BaronVonCP
02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
he flopped 2 pair

Barnie
02-12-2004, 09:06 PM
I have top 2 brian, but i'll elaborate, i don't like to bet in this spot because with these loose players although a call from ep or mp with middle pair w spade is bad for them its not good for me and i don't want these guys to get psychologically involved by inviting their calls.I know that i won't scare away a k or A of spades but it may or may not be out there.I got fortunate the sb checkraised and then i reraised him leaving us heads up(i liked my chances at that point).

Brian
02-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Sorry about that. I've been up for way too long.

-Brian