PDA

View Full Version : Worst AA Crack I've Ever Had

MasterShakes
02-12-2004, 07:02 PM
One recent SNG Hand... Party $10+$1 Limit Hold 'Em

Hero Dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif sitting two off the button. Folded around and I raise. Button cold calls. SB and BB both call.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Not bad... SB bets, BB calls, I raise, button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Not happy, but not devastated either. SB and BB check, I bet, SB and BB call.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

...and I'm fuming. Checked to me (and I'm ecstatic). I bet, SB and BB both call.

BB flips over 4 6 (don't remember the suits).

I guess this isn't the worst I could imagine. But calling a pre-flop with 4 6 off? And I still have no clue what the other guy had. Terrible.

bisonbison
02-12-2004, 08:55 PM
He only had to call one in the BB. He had an open-ended straight draw on the flop.

travisand
02-12-2004, 10:40 PM
If this is your worst you obviously haven't been playing long.

Prickly Pete
02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Try this, with a board of 236 (suits irrelevant), someone bets allin with A7. I smile and call with my AA and manage to lose to runner runner 7s.

SossMan
02-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Cry me a river.
Nobody cares about your bad beats except you. We've all had them, we'll all have more of them. It comes w/ the game. If you don't like it...don't play poker.

z32fanatic
02-13-2004, 05:49 PM
I had the exact same thing happen to me too with runner runner 7's /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

talkinghead
04-02-2004, 01:12 AM
The river brought a the flush card and a four str8 on the board, with the blinds calling all the way I'm tempted to just check behind them on the river, I think you played this wrong and wasted a bet on the river.
Two players calling all the way, one probably has a draw and there's not many drawing hands that didn't have your aces beat on the river. Other guy prob had sumit like QJ. Spend less time whining and more time learning when value bets are appropriate.

bernie
04-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Would you rather him not call with 64?

You actually should have lost more chips on this hand if he played it right postflop. That's where the real terrible play was. Which is good for you.

The beats can be much, much worse.

b