PDA

View Full Version : KK in SB on Party 2-4

CarlNiclas
02-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi,

I am having trouble deciding if I played this too passively and weak. I had seen about three rotations when this hand came up.

Eight handed. Hero had K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in SB. BB was a fairly tight but had been rather passive, UTG, EP, MP1 and MP2 all saw about 50% of all flops, CO saw almost all flops, none of them raised much pre flop and played fairly weakly post flop. A tight and fairly aggressive player sat on the Button, a guy I had played against several times earlier, so I thought I had a pretty good read on him.

UTG folds, all call to hero who raises. BB folds and all call to see the flop.

Six to the flop for 13 SB.
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets out, EP and MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button raises. Hero calls (??), MP2 calls, CO folds (!).

Three to the Turn for 20 BB
9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Hero checks, MP2 checks, button bets, both call.

Three to the River for 26 BB.
8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif]

Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Was I too passive? Should I have reraised the flop? Bet out on the turn? Etc.

Allan
02-12-2004, 07:06 PM
What are you putting the button on? What range of hands will he raise you on the flop with? If you reraise what is his likely action with that range of hands and his position? What is he putting you on? Maybe thinking about stuff like this will help you come to a decision about how to best to play the hand.

Allan

Gonzoman
02-13-2004, 02:15 AM
I would reraise the flop. You have a great hand, and the button could be raising you with hands lke A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif or just the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, or many other hands he is trying to protect. Even if you are up against a flush, you have lots of outs and the turn and river to make a full house. You have to make the single /images/graemlins/heart.gifs pay to draw to the flush.

Along the same lines, I'm also betting the turn.

joker122
02-13-2004, 02:50 AM
I'd reraise the flop. I can recall numerous times on a 2/4 table when someone has gotten cocky because they have 4 to the nut flush, and simply assume another /images/graemlins/heart.gif is coming. If another heart hits, this is an easy lay, but if it doesn't, like it didn't in your situation, I'm not getting away from a set. Clearly, sometimes they are going to take the pot if they did flop the flush, but in the long run your set will have +EV.

Moreover, you're only a 1.5:1 dog here if he has indeed flopped a flush. (A paired board).

CarlNiclas
02-13-2004, 05:36 AM
My first (and very scared) instinct was J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif... /images/graemlins/smile.gif However, I sort of narrowed it down to the following cards:

Kx Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Kx J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or better (I didn't think he'd play any other Qxs on this table, and definitely not Qx)
AQ (non-heart) Although this was unlikely as he *might* have reraised pre flop with this considering his position.
Ax J /images/graemlins/heart.gif or AJ (non-heart)
J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif
T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
TT ((with or without /images/graemlins/heart.gif)
or
55 (with or without /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

I thought these last five or six were the most likely (apart from TT unless it had a /images/graemlins/heart.gif).

sfer
02-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd 3-bet the flop and slow down if he caps it. He might have the flush already but a single raise doesn't tell you that. He could easily be drawing to it or have an A or any number of things. If he doesn't cap, lead the turn.

The other thing is that even if he does have a flush the board can pair giving you lots of outs.