PDA

View Full Version : Should I have acted differently?

Freudian
02-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Tourney. I am top 30 with 6300 chips and had planned to be rather tight. 50/10. Had been transfered to the table just before so I don't know if it was tight or loose.

My hand: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Seat 2: folds, Freudian: calls 100, Seat 4: folds, Seat 5: calls 100, Seat 6: calls 100, Seat 7: folds, Seat 8: folds
Seat 9 (SB): calls 50, Seat 1 (BB): checks

FLOP
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Seat 9: checks, Seat 1: checks, Freudian: bets 600, Seat 5: calls 600, Seat 6: calls 600, Seat 9: folds, Seat 1: folds

TURN
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Draw: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

So now I have flush and a straight flush draw.

Freudian: bets 2000, Seat 5: raises 2180 to 4180 and is all-in, Seat 6: calls 1810 and is all-in, Freudian: calls 2180

RIVER
Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Draw: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SHOW DOWN
Freudian: shows 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a flush, Queen high)
Seat 5: shows T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a full house, Kings full of Tens)
Seat 6: shows A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (three of a kind, Kings)
Seat 5 collected 7730 from main pot, 4740 from side pot.

Should I have backed off, knowing there was both full house draws that could beat me, and also someone sitting with an ace/king flush. Keep in mind winning this pot would have made me the leader in all of the tourney by a comfortable margain (some 300 remaining). It was only a 1/0 tourney so I wont lose any sleep over it.

Trix
02-12-2004, 05:21 PM
There actually is a Turnament forum...

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 05:24 PM
You should copy and past your post in the Muli-table or Single-table tournament forum, which ever this tournament hand belongs.

The Small Stakes forum is usually discussion of 2/4 limit Hold'em up to 5/10.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Freudian
02-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Ah, sorry about that. I had bookmarked only the Hold'em section of the forums (since that is what I am into) and didn't see any tournament forum and this seemed like the most appropriate forum.