PDA

View Full Version : AQs hand for review

JDErickson
02-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Loose Party table. No specific reads.

Party Poker 3/6 (9 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

MP1 limps, Hero raises, SB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls

Flop(7 SB): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls

Turn(7 1/2 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

MP1 bets, Hero calls

River(9 1/2 BB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 bets, Hero calls

Comments and any ideas on what opponent had?

Thanx
Jim

steveyz
02-12-2004, 04:28 PM
My guess is that your hand was good and your opponent had a flush draw or something. If he had a made hand like a set of 5s, I don't see why he wouldn't check-raise you on the turn. It really looks like he didn't think he had the best hand and needed you to fold.

What was your read on MP1 prior to this hand? That information would help a lot.

JDErickson
02-12-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your read on MP1 prior to this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 was one of those players you don't even realize are at the table. Not agressive. i would classify him as a passive calling station.

Mike Gallo
02-12-2004, 04:36 PM
i would classify him as a passive calling station.

If thats the case, then look out. Most calling stations don't bet unless they have a monster holding.

Did you lose to A8?

steveyz
02-12-2004, 04:41 PM
He could even have quads here.
But in any case, if indeed he's usually just a calling station, I'd say you are definitely beat.

bsk1999
02-12-2004, 04:45 PM
A few hands come to mind:

(1) he might have been on the flush draw, but he would have checked the turn to get the free card, so it can't be that.

(2) I might try to put him on a set of fives, A5, A8, or he might be like every other PP player and bet his TPWK. I would try and get all the money I could in while I was ahead with any of the first three hands, so I would be tempted to put him on one of these.

If you think he was solid, and this was his first sign of aggression, I would just check-call, and hope I have him out kicked.

Richie Rich
02-12-2004, 05:10 PM
I would've put him on A5. Unfortunately, that second 8 would've killed his second pair, so I'm guessing you raked the pot.

J.R.
02-12-2004, 05:32 PM
If this is a player who you feel good about 4-betting on the flop, I take it to mean they are just as likely to have a draw as two pair or a set. I find these players typically will lead the turn whether they hit or not (especially if you just call the flop 3-bet) so I often call the flop and raise any non-flush turn card.

As to your hand, I dunno but I don't like it when quiet, sleepy types 3 bet the flop after I raised preflop and flopped top pair good kicker.

JDErickson
02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Opponent flipped AKs and HHIG

I was not expecting this. A set maybe but not AKs. Took me by surprise.

Thanx
Jim

SpiderMnkE
02-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Yikes, if this guy really is someone that you don't notice much... a calling station. And he three bets the flop, and comes out betting the turn after you capped the flop. And all you have is tpgk, not to mention that second pair just paired. I'd probably fold here. Unless you want to call down to see if he had top and bottom pair.. about the only thing you are beating.

bisonbison
02-12-2004, 06:05 PM
I guess his pills kicked in.