PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What is your flop percentage? (WINNERS ONLY)

JeffO
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM

Clarkmeister
02-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Can't people see how useless this is? It totally depends on the game texture and the skill level of your specific opponents.

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 03:12 PM

CrackerZack
02-12-2004, 03:17 PM
No they can't. Most never will which is why most people will be unable to beat a 10-20 game once this idiot boom ends. The usefulness of this information ranks right up there with:

1) An individual player's win rate in a certain game
2) An individual player's win rate with XX starting hand

ahhhhh... give me a fish, I eat for a day, teach me to fish, I eat for a lifetime.

CrackerZack
02-12-2004, 03:52 PM
You only want answers from winning players? I have the perfect poker formula, but its mine all mine.

pudley4
02-12-2004, 03:54 PM
voluntarily put $$ in or total?
shorthanded or full?
all limits or specific limits?
all sites or specific sites?

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shorthanded or full?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all the wrong questions.

You should be asking:

How often is it raised before the flop?
What types of players are to act behind me? Before me?
What type of player is the BB when I'm in the SB?
Is the table full of call stations, maniacs, good players, LAGs, a mix? What's the mix?
and similar questions.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Tosh
02-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't mind a question like this being banned from these boards. Its totally pointless. Stop looking for an easy solution.

pudley4
02-12-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shorthanded or full?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all the wrong questions.

You should be asking:

Is the table full of call stations, maniacs, good players, LAGs, a mix? What's the mix?
and similar questions.

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't asking a question about what my stats should be in these different games. I was pointing out that his original question was so vague as to be useless - each variable I listed will influence the answer to the question; some very drastically.

Al_Capone_Junior
02-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Such stats are mostly useless. This is particulary true if you play in multiple different types/textures of games, such as myself, who is often short-handed, then full, then short-handed again. Also, you need a LOT of hands for any statistical significance. Finally, knowing your stats doesn't necessarily give you ANYTHING which is going to really HELP your game AT ALL. Stats will allow you to spend time focusing on BS tho, instead of playing or otherwise improving your game in more useful ways.

al

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
each variable I listed will influence the answer to the question; some very drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my point and I believe, Clark's.

So I have a few questions for you:

[ QUOTE ]
shorthanded or full?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An example would be: I've played in .05/.10 games online that were tighter and more aggressive than my regular 10/20 game at Foxwoods.

Peace,
Joe Tall

pudley4
02-12-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
each variable I listed will influence the answer to the question; some very drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my point and I believe, Clark's.

So I have a few questions for you:

[ QUOTE ]
shorthanded or full?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An example would be: I've played in .05/.10 games online that were tighter and more aggressive than my regular 10/20 game at Foxwoods.

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you asking me these questions? I'm not the one who posted, asking for preflop % from other players.

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you asking me these questions? I'm not the one who posted, asking for preflop % from other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not. However, you asked questions that would not give the answer our poster should be seeking, if such an arbitary value and answer exsists.

According to your list, if I said,

Pudley,

Poker Stars, 2/4, 10-handed, what is the preflop %, including the blinds, that will win?

You can give me an answer?!?!??!

Get my point?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Trix
02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Can I vote for all, cuz it really depends what kind of game I´m in...

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I vote for all, cuz it really depends what kind of game I´m in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done, Trix, nicely done.

Peace,
Joe Tall

pudley4
02-12-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not. However, you asked questions that would not give the answer our poster should be seeking, if such an arbitary value and answer exsists.

According to your list, if I said,

Pudley,

Poker Stars, 2/4, 10-handed, what is the preflop %, including the blinds, that will win?

You can give me an answer?!?!??!

Get my point?

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't give you an answer that would necessarily win. However, I could give you my own stats as a winning player. Whether that's relevant or not is up to the original poster.

Now I have a question for you.

What is your preflop % for a game where you have a couple of LAG on your right, a couple of super calling stations on your left, and a few rocks across the table? Do you have that info in PokerTracker or any other logs you keep?

Neither of our questions can be answered well because neither of us has enough information (in our "database") to give an accurate answer.

I can only give you a precise answer (a specific %), not an accurate one (my answer can't cover all possible opponent/table compositions).

You can only give me an accurate answer (a correct range of hands and situations), not a precise one (you don't have stats broken down by specific opponent/table composition).

Hence, the futility of threads like these

/images/graemlins/grin.gif