PDA

View Full Version : T5 sooooted from the sb

SpiderMnkE
02-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Party 2/4

I am in the small blind with T /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP limps, I complete, BB checks

Flop:9 /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet out, BB calls, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, MP Calls.
I three bet, BB folds, everyone else calls.

Turn:9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet out, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP calls.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, UTG+1 bets, MP calls, I call.

Bob T.
02-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Your line was OK. You could have bet the river and folded to a raise also.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

SpiderMnkE
02-12-2004, 02:19 PM
My biggest question is about the flop 3 bet. Should I have waited until the turn to let it be known that I flopped the flush or just explode on the flop.

Wyrm2
02-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Definately 3-bet the flop, you want to make a higher single club pay as much as possible (and you might drive out a J /images/graemlins/club.gif )

Trix
02-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Dont slowplay a flopped T-kicker Flush

Bob T.
02-12-2004, 02:24 PM
You are out of position on this hand, it is usually better to maintain the initiative, and by threebetting and leading the turn, when you are out of position, you become less susceptible to free card plays.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

SpiderMnkE
02-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Ok, thanks. It turned out that MP had A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flopped nut flush.. haha

el_grande
02-12-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm guessing you are kidding?

At least I hope you are...

BugsBunny
02-12-2004, 02:28 PM
If you had the A then I would say wait till the turn. But as it stands (4th nut flush) I'd say that pushing the flop is correct. You want to extract money from anyone holding a single club.

If the 4th club came on the turn you'd potentially be in trouble (although I'd still call down - but the A is a real threat, as is a Q or J - although not as much. People are more likely to fold a hand with the Q or J in it preflop then an A)

el_grande
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Uh.. how about a check-fold on the river?

I know you guys hate that but after a bet and a call how can a ten-high flush possibly be good? I don't care if the pot odds are 1:13 (or whatever they were). There's NO way you win this unless you are in a very loose game, which wasn't stated.

BugsBunny
02-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Why do you say that? Small flushes (and T high in your hand is a small flush) should *never* be slow-played (well maybe if it's HU or otherwise very shorthanded - but even then you're usually better off not slowplaying, since they usually won't believe you have it).

Grvnhigh
02-12-2004, 02:54 PM
This seems like an easy river fold, IMO. Regardless of the size of the pot, the board is double paired, and it is a bet and a call to you. Bet-fold to a raise may be a better alternative than check call. Otherwise, well played.

steveyz
02-12-2004, 03:55 PM
What makes you think anyone has a 9 or a 3 here? Regardless of the results, his opponents could easily both have a pair of kings or even a pocket pair. This would be pretty consistent with the way the hand was played.
If another K had come out of the river, then yes, I think a fold is probably in order.

SpiderMnkE
02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
The bet on the river came from a weak king. The MP caller did have the nut flush and took it.

steveyz
02-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I saw the result in your other post, I guess MP was planning to pop the turn but got scared of a boat when 9 paired. Pretty weak tight in my opinion (on the part of MP).

Guido
02-13-2004, 06:43 AM
I hope you are kidding /images/graemlins/grin.gif