PDA

View Full Version : 99 UTG - average 2/4 at Party Poker

Daggs911
02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Average 2/4 game at Party Poker.

Hero sits UTG with 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hero calls. EP1 calls. MP2 calls. LP raises. All call.

(note: LP has $14, and has been tilting)

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hero checks. EP1 checks. MP2 checks. LP bets. Hero raises. EP1 folds. MP2 folds. LP calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Hero bets. LP calls.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Your action?

BottlesOf
02-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Bet.

ElSapo
02-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Sometimes I'll raise 99 UTG at Party 2/4, but I'm not sure it's the right play. Anyone want to comment?

I check-call the river, but I'm weak-tight.

J.R.
02-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I generally limp at 2-4, if its tight enough to raise with 99 utg I find a better table as there's never a shortage of these. Its kinda like JJ in that you want 1 or 2 opponents or a whole bunch, but less robust than JJ in that the flop comes with overcards almost 70% of the time. In addition, the calling tendancies of your opponents will often mean you can't accurately adjudge where you're at and you will be less likely to be able to knock them off overcards/get them to fold when an A flops than against better competition.

Yeknom58
02-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking a bet is probably best. You might have the best hand and your bet could possibly make him lay a better hand down. In addition I doubt he raises the river unless he has you beat so I think a river bet is pretty good.