PDA

View Full Version : An Afghan Boy's Life at Guantanamo

ChipWrecked
02-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33696-2004Feb11.html) article that sheds some light on the horrors that Afghan prisoners have been forced to endure at Guantanamo Bay...

Clarkmeister
02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
This isn't just to you, its also to the baseball thread and the other similar threads.

There is a forum called Other Topics which is appropriate for this discussion. This is the POKER news vies and gossip forum.

Hate to be a nit, but I haven't seen Wrong Forum Man around lately. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ChipWrecked
02-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Beg pardon. I see the indent now, never noticed before. Mea culpa. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gamblor
02-12-2004, 01:20 PM
He gets shot and killed instantly by Islamists who don't appreciate infidels' presence in their Muslims-only homeland. Unless he has a sand-coloured uniform on. Then one runs up and blow them both to smithereens.

I'll take Guantanamo, thank you very much.

See you in Other Topics

baggins
02-12-2004, 01:27 PM
sports, kids in Guantanamo, Presidential primaries, etc.

all this crap belongs in the Other Topics forum, not here...

I wouldn't mind, but I come to this forum for something else and that something else gets pushed to the second page because all this crap gets posted in here...

I don't mean to single you out, ChipWrecked. I'm referring to all the threads in this forum that don't really belong here.

ChipWrecked
02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
No problemo, I don't mind taking some heat.

I move we subdivide 'Other Topics' into:

Politics
Economy
Sports
Movies/TV
Sex

Clarkmeister
02-12-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No problemo, I don't mind taking some heat.

I move we subdivide 'Other Topics' into:

Politics
Economy
Sports
Movies/TV
Sex

[/ QUOTE ]

If you followed Other Topics, you'd realize we just need to split it into two forums. Politics and Everything Else. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MMMMMM
02-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Very true.

thomastem
02-12-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't just to you, its also to the baseball thread and the other similar threads.

There is a forum called Other Topics which is appropriate for this discussion. This is the POKER news vies and gossip forum.

Hate to be a nit, but I haven't seen Wrong Forum Man around lately. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have fixed the baseball post to a Poker question. Now to fix this one I want to know if the guards at Guantanamo play Hold'em and what are their rankings?

David Steele
02-12-2004, 04:25 PM
to Poker News/Poker Gossip or such

Zetack
02-13-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't mind, but I come to this forum for something else and that something else gets pushed to the second page because all this crap gets posted in here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you could try going to "my home" and editing the display preferences and increasing the number of threads per page...I've done that and found it very helpful in keeping track of things.

--Zetack

MMMMMM
02-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Or people could just post in the proper forums.

ChipWrecked
02-13-2004, 07:09 PM
I want to know if the guards at Guantanamo play Hold'em and what are their rankings?

They don't play hold 'em, they play Spades.

So now this should be moved to 'Other Gambling'.

Aceshigh7
02-16-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33696-2004Feb11.html) article that sheds some light on the horrors that Afghan prisoners have been forced to endure at Guantanamo Bay...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? It isn't anything compared to the horrors innocent businessman, workers, and airline passengers were forced to endure on 9/11.

Go visit ground zero and then tell me if you still have sympathy for those in Gitmo.

ChipWrecked
02-18-2004, 02:46 AM
It's a little thing they call sarcasm....

Did you even read the article?

I'm making a point about how we're supposedly torturing these people etc. What are we doing? Fattening and educating them.