PDA

View Full Version : The Laws of Party Poker

Packerfan1
02-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Law 1: The Inverse Law of Outs.

The more outs you have, the less likely you will even come close to hitting any of them. However, if you have three or less outs to achieve the winning hand, you have a guaranteed winner. As an example, suppose you have K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif and the flop comes K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif and your crack-smoking pattern-mapping opponent has 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, you would be wise to fold to his flop 4-bet as you have no chance of winning this hand. The good pattern maps will show that the next two cards are 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

2. The Law of Set Turning
This is an specific offshoot of Law #1. When you have a pocket pair, and the flop contains at least two cards higher than your pair. The third card of that rank will come 100% of the time. Example, when a player has 66 and the flop comes AQ4, this player would be wise to not only call the flop three-bet, but cap the betting themselves as the turn card MUST come another 6. Half the time, the river will pair the top or second card on the board which creates added action from the other two players who share that losing hand who are not aware of Law #2.

Law 3: The Law of Second Pair
When a player is facing a flop bet when holding second pair, no kicker and no other draws, players who call will be rewarded by having the board pair that once useless second pair. But you must have faith! Many times this law will not apply until the river.

Law #4: The Law of Multiple Pairs
If you have a pair in your hand, at least 4 other players will have different pairs in their hands. The second lowest pair will always be designated the winner with a dandy 2-outer (see laws #1 and #2)

Law #5: The Law of No Blanks
There will never, ever be a card put out on the board that will not help one hand. In fact, most times the card will help (or appear to help) more than one, and even all of the hands remaining. If a blank does appear occasionally, rest assured that it helped the guy who foolishly folded on the flop who is now banging his head on his keyboard.

Of course, I wouldn't be publishing these laws unless I (and every other player who reads this board) can post zillions of hand histories to support that these laws exist.

If I missed any laws, please add them. Thanks.

Pack

(who, if you haven't guessed, is running a little bad right now)

Adde
02-12-2004, 12:30 PM
There will never, ever be a card put out on the board that will not help one hand.

The laws put aside, this is not that far from the truth. If holding a non-pair, the flop will pair you about 1/3. Combined with the Party law that no flops are seen by less than 3 players, you have that the flop on average will help at least one of the players.

Those times it don't help anyone you can extrapolate with the fact that a pocket pair is dealt to a player 1/17, thus on a 10-handed table you have at least 0.58 players having a pocket pair, and as you all know there is a Party law that forbids mucking any pocket pair preflop, and thus the flop will help someone.

This is why chasing with premium hands like AKo, with no good draw but pairing up, in multiway pots, when facing a bet on raged flops is a bad, bad idea.

Sorry about the bad run, you'll do better soon I'm sure.

morgant
02-12-2004, 12:33 PM
hey adde, you ever find anything about the caribbean, or make any decisions to get there?

Adde
02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
hey adde, you ever find anything about the caribbean, or make any decisions to get there?

Nah, not really, I scouted the web for one day (Aruba, Bahamas, Costa Rica) but had a hard time finding houses for rent with internet connection. Those few I did find were veeeery pricy.

Are you interested in getting together some 4 people and rent a house for a month or so?

Cubswin
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you interested in getting together some 4 people and rent a house for a month or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm.... if your interested in Buenos Aires (or some other place where the girls are nice to look at) i might be. Id like to go for a longer period of time though.

Adde
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Sure, Buenos Aires, why not. My preferences for going on a trip like this are:

A) nice weather
B) not too expensive to live
C) not too shabby house
D) Internet connection (not dial-up) for everyone
E) Nice time zone for prime time poker

Does this fit with Buenos Aires (I know E does)? You have any connections there?

And yes:

F) Nice girls to look at /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ChipWrecked
02-12-2004, 03:23 PM
My wife's sister and her family just left B.A. after living there five years. Be aware that anti-American sentiment runs very deep there.

edit: dunno about Swedes /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adde
02-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Be aware that anti-American sentiment runs very deep there.

Good thing I'm from Sweden then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thomastem
02-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Packer you forgot the law called "Withdraw money and you will pay"

Cubswin
02-12-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be aware that anti-American sentiment runs very deep there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to make a distinction between anti-american sentiment and the sentiment of disapproval of US policy. I have been to many places that have a notorious reputation of having anti-american sentiment...syria, jordan, lebanon, egypt and even france /images/graemlins/wink.gif .... but have never, ever had a problem. People blame the US govt but rarely the individual. Just respect local norms and you'll be aok. If i can hack it in Syria and Lebannon, i think i could survive BsAs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

regards
cubs

Adde
02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
"Price: US$ 425 /week, US$ 1500 /month

This wonderfull apartment is located in the heart of Recoleta, close to parks, shoppings, bars, restaurants, museums, cinemas and everything else you can think about.

Sleeps 9, since it has has 3 bedrooms plus a nice service room, the main bedroom has a large cloakroom. It has 3 bathrooms and a really wide living room facing the gardens. The apartment has a modern decoration with style. The wide kitchen is fully equiped and 2 of the bathrooms are complete..."

http://www.letsgoargentina.com/en/apartview.php?id=0016

Cubswin
02-12-2004, 05:41 PM
check out this site: http://www.buenosairesapartments.com/

N4CER1
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
This is really funny and true!!

Adde
02-12-2004, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check out this site: http://www.buenosairesapartments.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Some nice apartments there, and not too expensive. Nothing said about internet access though. Just looked up the flight cost from Sweden, and that was quite hefty, almost $2000, round trip. How much does it cost from US?

Cubswin
02-12-2004, 07:12 PM
about 1400 if you find a good deal... not too many airlines go there /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Terry
02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
You guys might want to reconsider Costa Rica. It is known for beautiful women (seriously ... you fall in love with about every third one walking down the street), cost of living around 50% of US, internet and poker are available, and no anti-American sentiment.

BreakEvenPlayer
02-13-2004, 01:16 AM
No. It's all about Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Going there in March again.

Puffin
02-13-2004, 02:19 AM
Just wondering what languages are primarily spoken in these places. Are they more Spanish or English speaking?

krazyace5
02-13-2004, 04:44 AM
"Withdraw money and you will pay"

You mean everyone has this problem? Thought it was just me.

siccjay
02-13-2004, 06:19 AM
I just had a guy call two bets cold on the turn with A7o on a flop of K Q 8 turn of 3 and of course A had a K and he rivered an Ace. He had to know the Ace was coming if he paid two bucks to get it!!!!

Of course he said it was his first time EVER playing Hold Em in his life. After watching him play for 3 hours I believe him, but he caught EVERY CARD POSSIBLE! Someone said thats how Party Poker is built. They give winners big sessions early so they get addicted!

Stagemusic
02-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Languages:

Buenos Aires...Portuguese and Spanish dominate. Most Portenos (locals) speak at least some English

Rio...Spanish is the language

Costa Rica... ( the other poster was right about the women, some of the most beautiful in the world) Spanish is main language however English is understood in most public places.

Hope it helps.