PDA

View Full Version : Houston Vs Dallas

thomastem
02-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I visited Dallas a few years ago. Dallas is a great city. I visited a bar that had 2 levels, a slide to get from the 2nd level to the 1st, a dance floor with saw dust, live music. If you have a tie on they come over and cut it in half. They also had steaks to die for.

Now the odd thing while in Dallas is how bad they talked about Houston. Basically the sentiment is that Houston is a red light district and that they cry a lot. Not my words, but it is what a tourist hears when they get off the plane in Ft. Worth. Perhaps we should start a thread title "What is wrong with Houston and is it what's wrong with SS?" to get to the bottom of it.

scotnt73
02-12-2004, 12:04 PM
were you at a steakhouse franchise call trail dust?

Poker blog
02-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Dallas is the Yankee Capital of Texas.

thomastem
02-12-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the name but it was an experience. I had told Husker about it and I think he knew the name.

thomastem
02-12-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas is the Yankee Capital of Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from Texas?

Phat Mack
02-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Both cities have experienced explosive growth in the last decades, and neither has handled it well. Additionally, Houston has hot humid weather most of the year, nearby petro-chemical industry, and no zoning laws.

But as far as people are concerned, a lot of the smack talk is intra-state rivalry. And back in the days of regional accents, both cities spoke in mutually unintelligible languages.

DanS
02-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Thomas,
I gotta admit you annoyed me at first, but it turns out you are one funny sonuvabitch. Also, not getting tilty about your crap ala Rkiray has improved my poker game. Seriously. Thank you.

Dan

thomastem
02-12-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thomas,
I gotta admit you annoyed me at first, but it turns out you are one funny sonuvabitch. Also, not getting tilty about your crap ala Rkiray has improved my poker game. Seriously. Thank you.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I could be of service. All new members to my fan club are entitled to a vist by my sheep for you I'll send over 2.

DanS
02-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Or you could just send over two soft and furry chicks... no, not the ones in the picture!

Dan

scotnt73
02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or you could just send over two soft and furry chicks... no, not the ones in the picture!

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

youve got something against biker chicks? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HUSKER'66
02-13-2004, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember the name but it was an experience. I had told Husker about it and I think he knew the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was Traildust....great place to take any "tourist" or out of towners. It's a good idea to have them wear their best ties. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
02-13-2004, 10:59 PM
"And back in the days of regional accents, both cities spoke in mutually unintelligible languages. "

now they speak in the SAME unintelligible language.