PDA

View Full Version : Big Blinds Do and Dont's

Sir Limps Alot
02-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Tend to become trapped in several big blind hands. Wondering what kind of standards there are or rules that are successful.
Big Blind 45 clubs no raise. 6 10 K two clubs Take free play flop 4 flush what do you do. What kind of action do you remain and when do you call it quits?

J 10 off no raise free flop flop comes Q 9 4 rainbow.

Flush draws and open ended str8 draws I usually bet depending on the action but it seems Either I dont hit or I do hit and get beat. Is this just bad beats or should I be folding small flush draws after the turn if I dont hit?

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 12:20 PM
The question you have asked, albeit a good one, is a very dynamic situation in hold'em.

There is no 'default' play for such holdings. Usually, I'd bet if checked to, call if bet into, raise when the situation calls for it.

Every hand is it's own organism, as evey table is it's own little planet.

Peace,
Joe Tall

J.R.
02-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Is this just bad beats or should I be folding small flush draws after the turn if I dont hit?

Post the situation as pot size, number of opponents, your image, your opponents' style of play and skill, the character of the game, the betting action, the texture of the board and other variables come into play. In general, NO.