PDA

View Full Version : one of those nights....blessed by the deck

whiskeytown
02-12-2004, 11:33 AM
went to Canterbury at 2pm yesterday while waiting for the 7:30 tourney to start...spend 20 min. at 3/6 before moving to 4/8 -

10 minutes after I'm there, I win a massive pot with 9/10 offsuit (7 others in the pot with me on button, raised by the BB, and I flopped a gutshot with pot odds to call the turn) - AK next hand with top pair top kicker beating my opponent with K9 - next hand is JJ and flop comes JAA (trapping anyone with an Ace) -

that was the start of the mother of all heaters... - at least 5 hands in a row, followed by a small break, and then a couple more hands (like K9/Q9 - rivering a boat)- lots of hands where I had better kickers then the opponents...

went up about $340 bucks in 10 hands...then just grinded out another $160 over then next 4 hrs...before paying $120 for the tourney entry - I think my final results showed about 12BB per hr -

(and this is a LIVE table, though it did have an autoshuffler and so it went faster then it would with a dealer shuffling - one deck is dealt while the other one is shuffling) -

best friggen streak of cards I've ever had....I got to the point where I chose to make a couple heater calls in late position with K9/Q9 suited and once ended up running down AA - also had two hands where I'd flop a flush draw (with someone else) and end up rivering the nut st8 instead for the best hand. - Only real killers I had were flopping a set to someone's rivered st8 and rivering a st8 to someone's boat - but once reraised - I got smart and didn't repop it back.

I have to remember this day for when I get the bad streaks....but as it stood, best run of cards ever...whew...

RB

scotnt73
02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
congrats bro! just remember to watch out for reverse tilt when you are running that hot. it looks like you got a little loosey goosey towards the end just because you were running hot. dont give the money back just because your running hot. looks like things worked out for you in this instance though so congrats! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

smd
02-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Does Canterbury have auto shufflers at all tables now?

whiskeytown
02-12-2004, 11:59 AM
just two....tables 10 and 17, though the word is they're gonna eventually go to all of them.

RB

Christoferj
02-12-2004, 02:10 PM
know wha tyou mean played a SnG 4 left i was last the third guy had double my chip and chip leader had doubled his. i got KK 4 times wun and AA once. i wun the tourney.

Monkeyslacks
02-12-2004, 02:46 PM
w owaw esom eman!