PDA

View Full Version : Question for Joe Tall re. 5-10 at FW

MRBAA
02-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Two questions, actually.

1) how does it work? Here's what I think: when the pot is over $100 , it goes to a third, $10 blind on the next hand, posted by the winner of the previous hand. The other players must then call $10 to limp and the hand is played as a 10-20. The game stays that way until a pot of under $100 is played. at which point it goes back to being a 5-10. Is that right?

If so, typically, how much of the game is played as a 5-10 and how much as a 10-20 (50%-50%, 70%-30% , etc. I realize this is probably highly player dependent).

2) I've played in the 4-8 games at FW and found them (generally) soft. Will the level of play be significantly better/different in a "typical" 5-10 game?

Sir Limps Alot
02-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Loose table 50% Tight table 15% average about 25% is 10 20. If at any point there is a pot over 100 it is a kill. What usually happens is there will be a run of about 4 or 5 games at 10 20 level due to the blinds being bigger 1 raise pre flop usually puts it over the 100 and is another kill. What does Joe Tall know he is now on the 10 20 at the woods?

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Mr. Baa,

Your assumptions are correct.

Blinds are $2 and $5, throughout, regardless of the Kill. If the pot goes over $100 the winner of the pot aka the "Killer" posts a live $10 blind and the game becomes 10/20. The Kill blind acts in turn preflop with the normal options of a blind. If the Kill blind is in the natural SB per se (http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/perse.html), they will post the $10 kill and there will not be a $2 blind, as the kill blind replaces it.

I cannot answer the 'how often' as it is very game/players dependant. I've played for hours at each level. It can take one maniac to keep it a kill and three players on a batroom break to bring it down to 5/10. However, the games are full of action on the weekends at any level so interpet that as you wish.

I recommend buying in for $300 as you'll need the extra ammo if you hold a monster in a Kill pot.

The level of play is not much different than the 4/8; you will find a few more thinking players. However, bad players still limp UTG w/Q4s, etc as any other game.

If you plan on coming up this weekend I will be there for all three days at different times. PM me and we can talk about diction over something to eat. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
02-12-2004, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does Joe Tall know he is now on the 10 20 at the woods?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only spent 3 staight months in this game running up my roll. I don't know $hit; I guess I forgot it all.

You off probation yet?,
Joe Tall