PDA

View Full Version : My God, Maybe I am a Republican

Utah
02-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Just got a letter from the boys down at the RNC - Gillespie, Frist, Hastert, and DeLay

Apparently, I am among a select group of Republicans who have been chosen to take part in the offical CENSUS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

Here are the first three questions:

1) Do you support President Bush's initiative to promote the safety and security of all Americans?

2) Do you support the use of air strikes against any country that offers safe harbor or aid to individuals or organizations committed to further attacks on America?

3) Do you continue to support increasing the amount of security at airports, train stations, and all government buildings including monuments and museums?

Well, Gosh. I guess I would have to answer yes to all this unbiased and very detailed questions. I guess that makes me a Republican. I do need to contact them though because it appears I am missing the second page of the census that asks about gay marriages, WMDs, and government spending.

Also, I better send this census back quickly as I am being told, "our leadership will not know how Republicans at the grassroots level of our party feel about the critical issues facing our nation."

I wonder if one of the boys is going to stand up at the convention and say proudly, "We have completed our party census and our party is clearly in favor of security for America!".

Oh, there was this little thing that I almost missed about them asking for money. Apparently, they are running short of cash because McAuliffe "Knows he can count on the support of some unions and every liberal special interesty to raise tens of millions of dollars to elect Democrats an all levels of government".

I am curious how they got my name. I also got a nice little letter from GW and Laura around Christmas.

whiskeytown
02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
don't answer it...it's a trick...

if you answer "no" to any of the questions, it means you disagree with President Bush.

and as we have learned the last few months... dissent=terrorism -

lots of protestors are finding their groups infiltrated by anti-terrorist task forces (usually local police working with FBI) - and the crackdown has been brutal...

we are in a police state now, people....don't show disagreement...or else you'll end up in da database...

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/02/11/cointelpro/index.html

RB

hetron
02-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Did you ever vote in a Republican primary or was in a Republican club in college? Either of those things would probably have you as a registered republican, even if you don't always necessarily vote with the party.